Young Stroke Survivors Wanted!

Hi Holly,

I'm 44 and had my stroke 15 months ago. I had very little support once I was out of hospital. Be demanding with your GP to get the help you need. I organised my own physio and took up Nordic Walking to strengthen my left leg, and did lots of 2 handed crafting to strengthen and build dexterity in my left arm. I get words wrong sometimes (as a lecturer that can be tricky), but got me fatigue was the real problem. Listen to your body, nap if you need to, and make sure everyone around you knows about anything they can't see. I got referred to the local neuro rehab team and they were really helpful, but sessions stopped due to COVID. I also soubght our counselling to try and come to terms with it all. The SA website really helped me, and although I've only joined this group last week it's been really great to be part of.

Jo

Hi holly

I'm Victoria, I had a stroke 18 months ago, I was 37 and have two young children.

It was terrifying even though I was definitely lucky. I was anxious about everything for a time and at the time really wished I could talk to someone that understood. I have lots and family and friends but remember feeling alone in it all.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling with such a young baby, but I promise it gets better and easier, lessanxious and scary and time  helps so much.

Let me know if you ever need to chat

Victoria x

Hi holly

I'm Victoria, I had a stroke 18 months ago, I was 37 and have two young children.

It was terrifying even though I was definitely lucky. I was anxious about everything for a time and at the time really wished I could talk to someone that understood. I have lots and family and friends but remember feeling alone in it all.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling with such a young baby, but I promise it gets better and easier, lessanxious and scary and time  helps so much.

Let me know if you ever need to chat

Victoria x