Young Stroke Survivors Wanted!

Hi, we're looking for stroke survivors (approximate age between 25-35) in the NW London area to meet up for social activities.

Hi I'm 25 but I'm in Brighton x

UPDATE ... All our groups are currently postponed due to the COVID -19 (Corona virus).

There is a working age group in Towngate Theatre cafe, Basildon, Essex meets fortnightly on a Monday 10am.

Another at Woodys Cafe, Thurrock Garden centre, South Ockendon, Essex fortnightly on a Friday 10.30am.

Contact Michelle on 07940 107844 or email michelle.turner@stroke.org.uk

Hello - am new to My Stroke Guide.  Am looking to find online support / chat / groups for my friend, age 45, who would really benefit (I think...) from connecting with people of a similar age who have experienced TIA.  Can anyone point me in the right direction online - or offline (Bath area).  Thank you

I was a little older when I had a TIA. I wrote about it here, if it helps at all: https://ahacklife.style/my-second-chance/

Everyone's recovery journey following a TIA or stroke is different. This forum is a good place to get advice, tips and support. I would also suggest contacting a local Stroke Association to see if they can arrange peer support. Speaking with someone who understands what you (or your friend) is going through can be very helpful.

I keep repeating that the medical treatment available after a stroke is terrific, but the non-medical stuff is a bit hit and miss. Emotions may be all over the place, fatigue can hit at any time, some memory or cognitive issues may materialise (I still struggle with names of people and places, and get the odd words muddled). Often, it's down to family and friends to help overcome, or cope, with these. 

Your friend will need empathetic (not sympathetic) support. Just be there for them.

Hello Kate, 

if you look at the Forum for local ‘support’ there are two groups in Bath. Good luck,

Veronica

Hi I'm 51 had my stroke when I was 49 really struggle to get support in a group for young stroke I'm in rochdale 

Hey, I'm 34 had a minor stroke when I was in my 20s, I'm in Winchester and London. Xx

Im 44 and have had two Transit attacks, one in jan 2017 and oct 2018 ,, due too having complex tachycardia arrhythmia,,  the hospital done Keyhole surgery to correct it and and damaged the femoral archery nerve damage , so im disabled now as well ,, I live in Hillingdon  

I live in Hillingdon had my stroke in 2017 I'm 44 I live in Hillingdon 

Im 44 live in Hillingdon I have my striking 2017 they done an operation the same year that made me disabled and since all this has happened my friends have deserted me I feel lonely isolated just existing in for walls solo so depressed fed up have days where I struggle and days will have to try and dictate to try and get through each day my family doesn't really help me they live too far away don't hear from many many people for one day to the next ,  I would like to know if there is some organisation or help group someone to chat to that you can advise me to help me

I am 39 and suffered a stroke on the 28th April this year. I am in the Isle of Man 

Hi, I’m Jane. I’m, 43 (just last week) in Cheshire and I had a mild stroke 2 months ago. Although physically fine I’m still mastering the management of the dreaded fatigue. Happy to chat online :) x

My partner Jason age 48 had a stroke 12 weeks ago have been told about this meeting group but Jason doesn't want to go along - hoping he will change his mind as I think this would be good for him x

Hi I'm Jenny had my stroke 11months ago age 58. I live in Hampshire. 

Hiya I'm kellie I'm now 34 years old I had a stroke at the young age of 25. I live in south Wales.x

Hi im Ayisha, im 37 had my stroke about a yr and a half ago. I havnt been on the site very long. 

Hi  I had a stroke 2 years ago age 57. I  live in Kent and found a support group local to me through different strokes.co.uk ( which is aimed at young stroke survivors).

my husband attends the weekly meetings with me and we have both found it to be very beneficial.We have yoga and Tai Chi sessions or just have a chat or a moan !!! and it's useful for swopping  information. Hope this is helpful.

Hi  I had a stroke 2 years ago age 57. I  live in Kent and found a support group local to me through different strokes.co.uk ( which is aimed at young stroke survivors).

my husband attends the weekly meetings with me and we have both found it to be very beneficial.We have yoga and Tai Chi sessions or just have a chat or a moan !!! and it's useful for swopping  information. Hope this is helpful.

Hi susan, my only stroke groupe which im aware of any way is on a tusday morning. Wich i cant make as i am at work. Thank u though. Ayisha