New

Thankyou for your good advice I think the reason why I don't say anything because I've come to the conclusion I'm ina bit of denial about it ....I've got my 6 week check appointment it's the ,6th of this month ,so chasing it up helps ...thankyou so much for the great advice ...pippy 

At last I have found somebody who understands how degrading it is I forget what I felt like before the stroke. My poor husband has to do most of the work as moving my head in any direction is awful. I hope the MRI shows whats wrong and can anything be done about it. Will let you know. Best wishes to all Norma.

I suspect it has something to do with the central nervous system and brain intervention, as when I take Lorazepam, it reduces significantly, and Lorazepam is a CNS depressant. This is just my observation though, and I can't be certain. 

Hello Norma, what happens of you shield the sides of your eyes (like horse blinkers) with your hands and turn your head? I suspect the head tightness has something to do with the central nervous system and brain intervention, as when I take Lorazepam, it reduces significantly, and Lorazepam is a CNS depressant. This is just my observation though, and I can't be certain. 

Hi Lala,

It is so inspirational to see you sending a message so soon after a stroke. It has taken me 8 years to feel comfortable enough to share because I experience aphasia and apraxia. I can now see that there are so many people here who can show a lot of support and understanding. If you ever need reassurance you can send me a message. 

All the best!

Your emotions will still be all over the place. Denial is one of them, followed by anger, jealousy, disbelief (why me?) blame upon yourself, frustration and all the rest.  Trust me, its all part of the recovery and the best news is - it gets better!

Brilliant I'm. Glad it gets better it's only on dark days I think them thoughts but other than that I try and stay positive and happy ...thankyou for that ...pippy 

That's just ridiculous Jane, what's the point in a health care system if it isn't caring for someone's health. Private health care services don't make sense here with a public system unless they are associated in the same way the Australian medicare system works, and you only pay  a remainder cost for private services after the public cost has been deducted. I would contact the Stroke Association and try and get some leverage for your needs. If your health declines, it will cost the NHS much more than preventative care now. I too am due for an MRI for this reason, haven't had my letter yet, but hoping soon, and not in the next ten years or after needing another trip to A&E for any reason, god forbid. 

Thanku

Thanku. It's hard xx

Thanku x

Thanku x

Hi Layla, I had a stroke two and a half years ago. Things do get better. I am now struggling a little with very bad arthritis in my hip but I am sure it will improve. At present I am on very strong medication which makes me very sleepy.I hope you will keep on trying. This site is very encouraging. Lilian

Greeting to all. I experianced my second stroke in February it has taken this long to have the courage to post on this forum. Possibly due in part to accepting this could be the new me.

Morning, sorry to hear about your second stroke, hope your feeling a bit better now.

Bit you will find great support on this site so post away when ever needed.

Hello Serin, welcome to the forum and our new selves. Please use the forums as much as you please, I hope you find the empathy and camaraderie beneficial.

Rups

Welcome Serin-  I understand you must feel discouraged after another stroke, but it doesn't mean you won't heal and improve from this one.  After all, it's a totally different occurence.  Your brain may rewire this new injury more easily.  You don't know yet.  I don't know when you had your first stroke, but rewiring takes time.  I'm almost 3 years out, and am still getting better. I just keep plugging away, forcing myself to try to work the affected parts.   Glad you joined this group.  It's important to keep in contact with people.  I just broke my wrist, but I am still going to go to my ukelele class at the senior center, even though I can't play right now.  I'll just sing along with the others.  It'll do me good to stay involved with others no matter what.  I'm sure that by coming to this website, you will bring insight and help to those who are going through similar experiences. My best to you.  I will remember you in my prayers tonight.  Love, Jeanneheartsmiley

Thanks your reply is much appreciated. I hope your heath continues to improve. ?

Thank you ? 

Hope you are continuing to make good progress. Take care ?