New to this group

Yes it does. And it didnt happen before stroke.

Adequate sleep is essential. Then you have a chance for more recovery. I am pleased you have gotten over the worst, but more recovery is easily possible for at least two years and often 4 and more years.

I have to slow down when speaking. Then more words get in the right place.

Never give up. Your amazing brain will get in to action far more than we might eer think posible.

Smile a lot. It convinces your brain that all is well and thus words will come more easily. And it will give others a better impression, so they note your charm rather than some wrong words.

Colin

PIP is personal independence payment. It is paid whether or not you work. If you can't work at all you can claim ESA ( Employment Support Allowance). PIP is awarded if you score enough points based on your ability to perform daily living tasks  and on your mobility. You can search for the PIP descriptors. I don't think fatigue counts unless it prevents you dressing, cooking, walking etc.

Janet

Hi Vanessa,  happens to be all this time.  Can be embarrassing, but after 6 months my shoulders have grown larger.  I also try and laugh it off.  Try slowing down your speech slightly, it helps me.  Good luck.

Hello dear raminta. I am sending healing blessings for your brother and strength for you love judy

Hello marine I had 4 strokes 8 months ago and as well as trying to get better physically the post stroke fatigue is like a thick fog. The only thing that helps me is to rest and sleep when ever you want to. Drink plenty of water. Love judy

Hello lora. I had 4 strokes 8 months ago and I live alone. Not good is it. I know how you feel. I always pick up my tablet and read my stroke guide. It feels like you have friends around you. Love judy

Thank you ❤️???

Hello raminta. I am so very sorry to hear about all the tragic affairs that you and the family are going through. Blessings of strength for you love judy

Hello Cecil?

Thank you ?it is very hard and sad even now when he getting better. All the time i have pain in my heart but i have ti be strong because he dont have anyone in UK just me. Sometimes im afraid that i will have depression. Good that i have boyfriend ??take care and best wishes ❤️

Keep strong raminta. We are all one family who cares for each other keep in touch love judy. Cecil is just my user name. 

Thank you Judy??❤️

And yes all stroke groups everywhere are really helpful ❤️

Judy   Thank  you   Getting better  I know  it is nearly 2  years ago  but tiredness still persists  I  do  drink plenty of water which  helps  Hope you are getting better  and thank you  for getting in touch   Martin

hi my name is Jack i had a stroke in Jan 2020 i have left side paralysis.

Hi Jack , welcome pal  , this is the place to meet and discuss you and your feelings , onwards and upwards ,, Tony

Hello Jack and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about your stroke I do hope that you recover well. This group is wonderful. You learn so much. Always plenty of friends to help. Love and blessings judy

Hi, my name is David and I had a stroke last March. Am now able to walk again but find it tiring, also my left arm and shoulder feels stiff most of the time. Feeling a bit sorry for myself, but have improved, albeit slowly, since leaving hospital. Still, hopefully my recovery will continue to improve with time

Welcome David. I am sure you will improve further, but it takes time. My big stroke was four years ago and my weak left shoulder still feels stiff. I an use that arm and hand, but the hand lacks some sensitivity. Keep utilising them though, because functionality is important.

I go through a series of exercises every day, even though they seem monotonous. Please keep up the good work.

Hello David,

I hope this doesn't sound patronising but you're still pretty early into your recovery.

I completed a half marathon on foot 9 years after my stroke.  I am not completely recovered but every deficit I had (I was half-paralysed, partially blinded. incontinent and could not swallow) has improved significantly. Recovery does noticably slow down after the first few weeks and months but it is always present, if you continue to work at it.

Keep up the walking, and perhaps get someone to video you walking every six months, so you can see the steady improvements. Or time yourself walking a set route and see the times slowly improve. This will keep you motivated and lift your mood a little.

There is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for yourself - Stroke is a lot to deal with emotionally and affects *how* you deal with things emotionally.

Keep on keeping on,

Damian.

Hi. My name is Diane and I had a stroke on Monday and was discharged on wednesday. I'm a lot luckier than many as my speech is okay now and I haven't lost total use of my right arm and leg but am still having issues with heaviness, and some coordination. I'm feeling sorry for myself and quite emotional which I hope will pass quite soon. 

Hi Battydi, Sounds as if you have got off lightly. Any stroke, however, plays havoc with the emotions. You will settle in time and, hopefully, have no reoccurrence. Perhaps you might need to make some lifestyle changes to improve your well being. Good luck.