New to this group

Hello Jem,welcome to our forum. You are making great progress given that your stroke was in February. I have to say our county hospital is still able to treat stroke patients and are observing strict health and safety procedures to do so.

Do feel free to express yourself on the forum and ask any questions. Someone will always help you.

Hi Jem, very good progress so far!  In addition to keeping mobile and daily exercise, be sure to give yourself plenty of rest.  Your brain will be feeling exhausted following the stroke, so take a break whenever you need it, it's your brain's way of telling you it needs a rest so that it can repair and re-wire itself.  

Look forward to hearing from you on the site, there are lots of amazing people waiting to share their stories and experiences, and to offer support.

Take good care xx

Hi NicBella21, thanks for your encouragement what you say answers a question or 2  today balance not great and only made a little way in a walk today. Fatigue is a problem from a head injury felt more now with this stroke. 

I will be sure to keep in touch and as I manage to find my way around this sight am sure will pick up some pointers.

Thanks, Jem smiley x

Hi John, thank you for your message and what you write. I am sure I will have some questions if I have any in the day if I do not write them down are probably forgotten what they were. I feel and act currently much weaker in myself trusting some strength will return.

Take care Jem smiley

Im new. had my second stroke 25th august 2020. no paralisted in any way but got pins and needles down my face and tongue and left side. any ideas.

Hi Chippy, I've just had my second stroke too, not paralysed, but it hit my left hand fingers which stopped moving. After aspirin they are fine. My first stroke froze bits of the left side of my face and lips. Over time the brain reset the connections, leaving only a small sense of something not quite right. After this second stroke, my face now feels normal.

I think that after any stroke, we get a heightened awareness of our bodies and sense whatever feels unusual. I am sure it will go in time. PS did you mean August 2019, as we have not yet reached August 2020?

I  had a TIA  SEPTEMBER 2018  Initially  paralysis left  side  now recovered  now in reasonable health  but still  suffering from fatigue  tiredness  particularly  getting up early morning  Any  others suffered this

New to the group  recieved my  strokeguide support pack  with info ref support  Coordinator  Claire

Good to know  there is point of contact  much  appreciated

Fatigue is a very common effect of stroke, probably universal. If you look through some of the threads here you will see some survivors methods of coping.

Janet 

Martine, I had a main stroke four years ago and still have post stroke fatigue, usually at midday. It eases over time. Just listen to your body and rest when you need to.

Thank you  Janetb  very  helpful

Thank you  Good to know  I can  get good advice here    Thanks  John

Hello everybody.My name is Raminta.Im here because my brother (27 years old) was trying suicide and now he is in hospital after strong stroke.His all right side is paralyzed.

Yesterday first time i try to talk with him on phone because i still cant visit him.Ofcourse he cant talk properly but i was soo emotional to her his few worlds.I didnt get anny information how to talk with him so i bealive i was talking too fast.Now me and all family is praying to get him  better as much as possible.

I have so many questions what will be later to him !?Hi was living in London,renting room only.And now he is basicaly homeles even he have me in UK. Im renting room only and living far from London so not gona be able take him with me. So now i just trying to finde as much as possible information online and found this website.Hopefully it will help me

Sending you best wishes

Hi Raminta, Welcome to our forum. Do ring the Stroke association Helpline. I am sure they will give you good advice regarding your brother. Hope he starts to recover soon.

Thank you for your message. I will do that soon?Best wishes for your ?

Hi Raminta - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, such a sad sequence of events.  It sounds as though he should be kept in hospital for a while as it would not be safe to discharge him whilst he is so poorly and without anywhere safe to go.  There are agencies who will help him to make arrangements when the time is right.

It's only natural that you are worried.  After his stroke, your brother will be very tired, and will need plenty of rest.  He may be finding it very difficult to communicate with you, it will be exhausting for him.  You may have to wait until he regains some strength.

Keep posting and let us know how you both get on.  Take care xx

Thank you very much for your message blush Yes they will keep him some time in rebilitation hospital (he is from 5th of May).They told me he need good rebilitation.Anyway they waiting when he will be registerded with GP because he wasnt.Than they will think whats better to him.He is young man so should get better much quicker.

I know its hard to him talk and even understand me.But i was soo hapy to hear his few words even mostly was in english.I was in tears when i her few words in our language "Its hard for me to talk"cryingBless him.I bealive if he talk with me he will get better soon. Just dont know how often i can talk with him not to make him tired.Shame i didnt get any advice from hospital how to do better.I wish to know more how i can help him thats why im here and reading information online too.

Ones again thank you and take care blush

Dear Raminta

Many of us who have a stroke get "aphasia" which is the brain failing to message the voice and failing to messge the communication. He will try to speak for just a few minutes every day. I found this so hard at first, all I wanted was quiet and understanding. After three months tings were reasonable and after six months I could hold gentle conversations. Recovery is so slow. But I promise you things will improve.

Best wishes

Colin

Thank you for your message?i was reading more today and watching videos. Now i know more and understand more how he feel. Today i get news that soon he will be transferred to diferent place. If i remember correctly "1level" where he will get more help and support. And i keep searching how else i can help him.

Kind regards and take care ?

Hi there.. Im vanessa and suffered a stroke whilst working as a district nurse.Its taken me 18 months to get over the stroke but i still struggle with word finding when out shopping or in stressful situations.Its worse when im tired. I can say a word and mean another. does this happen to any one else?