Getting cold whe sun goes down

Why is it when sun starts going down I start feeling cold shivering outside

1 Like

When it gets dark the eyes tell the brain that it’s getting dark and it’s time to go to bed. So your brain starts to calm the body down, it cools the body, lowers the heart rate, slows your breathing and winds down all the mental processes. That conserves what energy you do have to keep you alive during your 8 hours or so of sleeping without eating.

It’s not a post stroke effect as it happens to all humans :wink:

And here’s another titbit if you didn’t already know this:
That jerk awake you sometimes get as you drift off to sleep is actually just a random electrical burst in your brain to check that you are still alive. If happens if your brain suddenly thinks it’s shut down too quickly, it’s just checking it didn’t actually kill you :laughing:

5 Likes

It takes me time now have changed

1 Like

I used to really feel the cold in the first year post stroke, now 18 months later i dont feel it nearly as much, i am sure the stroke affected this (along with a lot of other side effects).

1 Like

I’m always cold now ,19deg or less and I’m thinking about putting the heating on and this from someone who used to work outside all day :pensive:

1 Like

I have noticed it is still quite chilly when the sun goes down. In my area the wind has been predominantly from the north and east for a while now. North and east airflow always makes it colder.

1 Like

It is still quite chilly here first thing in morning & later at night. I do feel cold more now - blood thinners I think.

1 Like

We get something called the harr,
A thick sea mist (although we are about 2 miles from the coast and probably 400 ft up) especially in the summer and it makes everything freezing You can see the moisture in the air and it’s chilling we had it this morning but the sun burned it off by about 2:00 p.m.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for things to get warmer. Anything under 22 degrees is arctic according to my muscles!:cold_face:

2 Likes

I weirdly enough don’t feel the cold I can sit here and my feet can go purple and I don’t feel it but when I put my left hand (affected side ) under a hot or cold tap I can tell the difference in temperature but when I put my right hand under hot or cold it just all feels luke warm ended up with a few blisters in my mouth at first eating food to hot explained this to hospital they don’t know it’s like my body has warmed up

1 Like

I’m the same if temp drops below 15 I’m cold fed up

1 Like

Jesus said never stay mad

1 Like

I’m so glad you posted this mickey boy because I honestly thought I was the only person that felt like this. I’ve taken to having a fleece blanket over my bed sheets and it’s made a massive difference for me. We have a pub and our regulars think I’m bats**it crazy because I get so cold towards the end of the day. They all offer me their coats when they come for a pint after work and actually they have been incredibly supportive and caring. Don’t be afraid to do whatever you feel is best for you. You’re doing incredibly well just posting on here.
Sending you love and light keep marching on you will get there aim to be happy with how you are.

1 Like

My right hand goes cold about 6 o’clock in the evening !! - even if we’ve got a fire on in the living room and I normally have to sit under a quilt in the evening and I’m still wearing winter jumpers (although I have to take them off when I’m in direct sunlight!)

1 Like

I if temp drops below 16 it’s cold for me wear a cardigan all the time, went for my check up today been weeing sorry about every hour doc took sample to send to hospital as it’s got blood in it, neck hurts where they cleared my main artery that was 3 1/2 years ago she sounds fine , plus need tooth out next week dentist knows I’m on blood thinners hope it not to painful can’t do pain what a week

God says never let the sun go down on us when we get mad

1 Like

@Mickyboy sounds like you’re going through it a bit at the moment. I hope they can sort everything for you soon.

Good luck having your tooth out. Make sure your dentist knows about your blood thinners. If it’s clopidogrel you’re on it should be ok but they still need to know.

Yes dentist knows I’m on blood thinners, not looking forward to it but better out than infected tooth thanks all mick

1 Like

Our dentist appointment office down street from home

It’s freezing today overcast and dark clouds hate it

1 Like