Confused over Government Coronavirus advice

Thanks Sue.  Long may your health continue!  Know what you mean, hate not getting out when I choose - like us all, I guess?  Best of luck re your prospective house move.  It's understandable if it doesn't go ahead...................???  Your health, and that of others, has to be a priority right now?

Hope it's not too long before we can see loved ones again.  This is our generation's World War, as it has affected the entire planet. I'm 55, divorced and live alone.  Have a Mum, one sister, two nieces and a nephew. Stay healthy. Peace Carole smiley

Hi Carole - glad you got your food OK. Well done yes I am going out for food for the first time since my week's isolation from the chest infections which have now gone thankfully.  Just typical that the day I'm freed back into the world, everyone is closed - hey ho!  Do you know if Morrisons are allowing pensioners under 70 in at 0700-0800 i.e., me 67?  It just says OAP's on their website but Sainsburys state over 70 which I'm not yet.  Paul has managed to do bits and bobs but it has taken him ages to get round and queue and he brings lots of treats but not much to make a meal of -  bless him. He's worn out with it all. So I need to do a proper shop.  x

Thanks!  Only plan to go out ONCE A WEEK!  Can exercise etc at home. Glad you plan to go out, after the chest infections - phew!  This is our generation's World War, because it is affecting the entire planet.  I am 55, and was advised to go to Morrisons at 8am.  It was v quiet for a while, though got busier understandably, once I was finishing haha!  Not too bad though....

Between 7-8am is for OAPs and NHS staff apparently.  8am is fine, take it from me.  Remembering, of course, to stay 2m apart, as they did today.  Bless Paul, and hope you can get ingredients to make a few meals soon!  Best of luck Brenda, stay well to you both.  Peace Carole x yes

PS  You could sneak in before 8am, if you like?  Really don't think a few years will matter!?!

We have got a bit of different fish in the freezer (salmon. plaice and haddock) but not much meat and we're running low on T rolls, Potatoes, Milk and bread.  I'd love it if I could find a fresh chicken or some nice lamb steaks (yum) but there's none to be had anywhere apparently. I've only got a small under the worktop freezer so I generally buy little and often so everything is fresh but it's looking a bit depleted now. x

Yes exactly what O woll do:check the appointments are being held. I have decided that, if the appointment is available I need to go despite the risk. My breathing is getting very bad.

Colin

Wow ginger beer plants. That takes me back about three thousand years.

Sainsbury have identified me as old and decrepid (my words, they are far too polite) and I have a home delivery slot for this thursday. That wil fill our store cupboards even if we dont get everything.I look forward to that when I have got home from the 1pm hospital appointment. th butcher called again today so, Sainsbury willing, we have a weeks food plus something to eat for another week. There are signs that the foodshops around me (Colchester) are calming down.

My daffodils have been good. I only grow the old type, being the tall ones, and they are now just about finished. It has been just super out in the garden today. Really was sunbathing time, even if I had a warm coat, scarf and hat. My Sooty has taken up two of his summer resting places. One is where the sun warms soil just before sunset and the other is on the wood store. Not sure why thats a summer time place. 

I am trying to get the veg and fruit going, but my bretlessness is bad, I have to take it easier, I am distressed tonight after a modest bit of gardenning.

ttfn

Colin

Well done for securing your groceries. Sainsbury say they will deliver to me on Thursday and thats taken all the pressure off.

We have I believe been asked to exercise off our premises once a day. Or on site even better. And to shop for essentials preferably no more than once a week.

I am trying to stay on my premises the whole time. So far so good.

The whole world is changed. And its not ever going back to its previous state. Hopefull it will be an improvement but its not going to be the same.

During WW2 many people did pull together. But we are required to pull when we are all apart. 

Colin

Hello Colin, I would try and keep the appointment if you can because you might wait a couple of months for a new date. The hospital should have its own procedures in place that will make it safe for you to attend your appointment so don't worry about it.

Ann.

We have also had trouble buying a chicken but managed to get one in Aldi last week There was a small extra special one in Sainsbury's for £6 which I refuse to pay. The price in Aldi was half the cost of Sainsbury's.  I haven't seen any lamb steaks anywhere. I think we should go back to using a butchers rather than relying on supermarkets. 

Hope you are keeping well during this awful time.

Ann

Get yourself off to Morrisons, as soon as you can then Brenda!  As long as you feel OK.  Good luck! x

Thanks Colin.  Next plan to go out a week on Friday, for a bigger shop with neighbour.  I exercise once a day by dancing and/or using weights.  Glad all is well with you so far, and with me!

Have said all along, this is our generation's World War.  It has shown the best and worst of humanity.  The ramifications with the infrastructure are going to last for YEARS! It's only March!!! Right in the middle of Brexit too!?! Pray, we learn from this..............Stay well.  Carole

Morning  oh that's shocking , do you have any body coming to check on you,to make sure that you have food 

Morning  oh that's shocking , do you have any body coming to check on you,to make sure that you have food 

What are your plans  ? Can you. Rely on. People. To help you

Dear Carole

Back in the war years the majority of people did actually "pull together". Whereas this wretched pandemic makes us pull apart.Hopefully this time around we will start to be more considerate. And that will improve things post corona.

I notice that the language we use for stroke, eg "normal" is a nonsense word and "new me" is what we look towards etc well that applies to the whole UK now. We arent going back to how things were, thats guaranteed.

I am hoping we do get some good things. More money to the poor and less to the rich (and yes I am one of the rich). Less pollution. Far less travel especially by plane. Respect and lots more effort to the NHS. Sure I will think of more.

We have been terrible wasters of food and we are doing a lot to stop that. I made an extra portion of beef caserole last night and I am taking that to an elderly friend. Last month it would have been thrown away. And I am growing lots more veg. and less flowers.

I love that you are so positive in your posts

Colin

Hi Colin

I know, most people now are not as considerate as they were in the World Wars.  Just heard Prince Charles has tested positive!  Think things will change, after this?  Hope so anyway.............

Agree about less pollution etc.  Fab that you are helping those less fortunate, as many are.  That's the good side of humanity.  Totally right to grow more fruit and veg, than flowers, right now!  Nice one.

Just been dancing to Kid Jensen who was playing Alternative 80s vids, on Now 80s TV channel!  Was great for exercise, and memories haha! 

Believe the PM is giving his broadcast today at noon.  Stay fit, well and safe during this bloody awful time grrrr!  Peace Carole

Went to M & S first, then sainsburys and then morrisons. M & S were only allowing a small number of people in at a time and it was lovely and quiet. Shelves were well stocked with everything including fresh chickens and lamb steaks so I got some lamb. I normally pay £ 4.50 ish for 2 nice reduced fat ones in Sainsburys but M & S were only £3.80. Only thing I couldn't get was toilet rolls and Morrisons were queueing around the car park so I didn't bother going in there. Our local shop has T rolls though - loads of them!

Hi I think you need to talk to someone, may I suggest you ring the Stroke association helpline and ask them to put you in touch with your nearest stroke coordinator,  mine was amazing, she listened and helped.  She came with me to PIP meeting after helping me to complete the form and all in all was worth her weight in gold.  Be safe out there. Wendy

Hi This makes me so mad once again stroke victims being victimised!  I am extremely lucky, my head in the school where I work part time asked me if the doctor asked me to have flu jab, I said yes and she promptly sent me home for 12 weeks isolation!  Although I find this harder than being with the children!

We must all be careful, if I were you I'd ring before your due back and start coughing!  You will be surprised how quick they say to stay at home! 

Stay safe Wendy