Abandoned

work related for now, Iv not received any ssp since my stroke, fingers crossed il be returning to work, not the same job but something different so will see how things go next uear

Ok but why did they not put you into the support groupĀ 

not sure, maybe they will after the 6 months. All confusing as Iv never had to claim anything amd with esa im sill only getting 149 very fortnightĀ 

Take a look at the questionnaire for limited capacity to work ESA50 it's on line and CABdo a helping page to help you I am sure they have got you in the wrong group. How bad is your stroke is can you walk 50mts time and time agaiĀ  Ā  can you stand at a work station for morethen 30 min do you use a wheel chair and f so can u move seat without help those are just a few of the questions have a look I am sure they have u in the wrong group all the best des

Don't give up! I think we all probably have days when we feel depressed about what we are able/not able to do post stroke. Many of us are fortunate to have partners who realise this and who will continue to care for us. Find out if there's a local stroke recovery support group in your area as these are starting to operate again now. Also there are Carers'Ā support groups which could give your husband an occasional break, as well as the feeling that he is not alone. Your GP surgery should be able to give you details.Ā 
Ā 

YouĀ could also think about booking a short trip while the weather is still good and give you both a break. Ā 
Ā 

Don't give up and keep smiling!

Ā 

it wa a very bad stroke, obviously walking is different now and doing every day task ect. I can walk some distance on a good day and canā€™t walk on another, I feel like they will look into it more over time as Iā€™d love to return to work. Cheers for the help and hope all is okĀ 

Thank you d planned all of the abov!!!

Well thank you. My contribution based ESA ends in November and I wasnt aware of the 'support group'.Ā 

I cannot work and was medically retired. I was thinking of claiming 'job seekers allowance' but nobody would employ me.Ā 

yeah same here was only told 6 months and maybe a further 6 months after that. Can you claim universal credits too? As the esa isnā€™t actually a benefit as such. Nightmare all this work hard then bed help amd itā€™s hard to come byĀ 

There will not look into t if you do not ask then too you should be n the support group ask then why you are not and then appeal you are on Ā£149 per fortnight because I think they are still making there minds up as to which group you should be inn. When did you have your medical interview for ESA because when they make there minds up u money should go up all the best des

havenā€™t had an interview I applied month after my stroke and got within weeks. Then last week was just a phone call to ensure Iā€™m happy to agree to the terms ect and no awaiting a coachĀ 

Yes you need the form for limited work capacity I think it's esa50 also if you go online Putin CAB help sheet for ESA limited work capacity the sheet goes though all the hints as to how to fill in the form. If you have a partner do they work if not you should ask for UC. Also have you applied for pipĀ  .all the bestĀ  des if you need help just ask

Thanks......I get enhanced rate PIP ( daily living and mobility).Ā 

No partner, wont qualify for UC as received a small inheritance and over the savings threshold until it dwindles away.Ā 

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.Ā 

Thanks for response.Ā 

Unable to claim UC at present due to a small inheritance that takes me over the savings threshold. But in mid 50s, this wont last me through.Ā 

yeah I doubt it, Iv morning been able to claim uc either as of savings which I worked hard for over then last 20 years and now Iā€™m only 42 so if I donā€™t return to work Iā€™d have to use that which wasnā€™t meant to be for when I retireĀ 

The benefits sysytem is extremely difficult. Like you, I worked hard all my life and paid into 'the system' and at the point of need, there are barriers for genuine claimants.Ā 

My parents worked hard and now their hard work and what they passed on is used for just living.Ā 

No partner for support so just have to fight on, without PIP I dont think I could manage.Ā 

I hope you recover enough to continue employment. I tried but just couldnt manage it.Ā 

yeah itā€™s not a nice place, my savings was for early retirement, and my 3 kids, and my younger wasnā€™t is on only 16 months old.Ā 

Iv claimed for pip but still yet to hear back, this was back in April.Ā 

Iā€™m hoping I can go back to work less likely my old job but somw sort of job, but I guess only time will tell. Hope you recovered well and get into the esa group which at least gives you 400 plus a month

Which group did they put you in you should be in the support group

Then you should not have to have an interview because you have pip fill in the form and you should get ESA

Iā€™m not in a group, well if I am I have to apply for mine again after the 6 months