Abandoned

Thanks because my wife works I need to be in the support group for ESA àvthats not means tested

Contribution based ESA  is not means tested and is based on your previous NI contributions, but is limited to 1 year. 

I’m on esa amd had my meeting last week, was advised it’s not means tested and you get it for 6 months but if put in the group it can Ben as long as 22 months but after that it stops. My partner also works. Hope this info helps 

12 months not 22 sorry mis type 

12 months not 22

Hello Colin. Forgive me, how soon are people to drive?

Kind regards,

Wayne

I am unemployed and I have been trying for 15-month with a small three month with a job, before lost it. Please help me understand, am I screwed? I am very scared now. 

You may have to rely on benefits while you concentrate on your recovery. What was your job before stroke? Is there any possibility you could retrain? Our local Jobcentre should have a disability advisor. 

Hello namesake. 
There is a lot of disagreement amongst stroke survivors when it comes to driving.

I found this....

you must not drive for one month.

This one month is not recorded on your driving record.

after one month it is up to you to ensure you are safe to drive.

GP will not give you clearance, best he can do is to say he can't see any reason to stop you.

I rang DVLA and they said they dont need to know. I rang my insurance company and they said the same. I do not recommend that any of us should ring DVLA/insurance company, it can cause unnecessary confusion.

after five years, I am not, in my opinion, safe to drive for two hours. So all my driving is short distances only.

I found this hard to grasp after a stroke. 

colin

I suggest contacting Citizens Advice by phone

Ern, is that right?? Isn't it ongoing if you're put in the support group and 12 months if not??

my apologies I believe mine is 6 months then after that will have to go into a support group depending on a Heath check and assessment. Think I got muddled up as my info take is really mad as the moment 

Benefits are such a minefield. Difficult to keep up with whats qhat.

yeah, I think that we’re just telling me about the next 6 months then going into a group for the next 6 months. Maybe at that point il be back in work so maybe they didn’t mention it or I just can’t remember 

Have just logged on as having a fretful day today. Luckily I didn't have to go back to work as I get medical retirement

I used to be pleased by the bad days, because I knew the next day would be good !

Afternoon hope your ok ,and tomorrow could be a better day ..pippy

Thanks you yes I know that but we you say after one year it is then means tested which means I will not get any more help. However in the support group is not means tested and you do not have to do work related work. Which at the moment that would be very hard but thanks for u Input

Thanks I have been told that ESA stamp based is for 12months then it's means tested.ESA support group can last for years and it depends on when you are reviewed hope all is well

I have just checked if you are the work related group it's 12 months if you are n he support group it's not Tim limited what group are you in if it's the support group then it's not means tested and unlimited time frame