A First 🥇

I HAD A FIRST TODAY !! :champagne::1st_place_medal::trophy: :champagne::clinking_glasses:

I dropped one of my morning pills and picked it up right-handed between the thumb and forefinger.

Been working a lot on being able to move my fingers and I tried yesterday to pick up pills right-handed and couldn’t do it and generally I can’t pick everything up off the floor and today I managed to pick a single tiny candisartin BP pills up

Woop woop :slight_smile:

12 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: Congratulations Simon :clap: :clap: :clap: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :smile:
I know just how hard that can be, Clopidogrel is bad enough but Amlodipine and Alogliptin are the pits for trying to pick up when you drop one. They’re tiny and oval and the Alogliptin seems to be polish to such a high finish they’re as slippery as an eel :confounded: And I have carpel tunnel in both hands so very hard to even feel when you’ve got hold of them :confounded: :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Well done :clap: :clap:. That’s a great achievement.

Regards Sue

5 Likes

Woohoo that’s a great achievement. I often spend ages chasing pills around the floor & I can use both hands ok. :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Great small achievement @SimonInEdinburgh :clap::+1:. My dropped pills have a habit of rolling under the cooker :joy:

6 Likes

With me the problem is not picking them up but seeing the little beggars, and yes mine gravitate to under cooker, powdered a few by treading on them but not for a long time , so progress

4 Likes

Terrific, good to hear Simon, its these little triumphs that carry so much weight in rehabilitation. :smile:

4 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh Fantastic! I know that feeling, I’ve been there, well done! :+1:

4 Likes

@Steevo_fife done similar, lost em on the floor, so now I sit down and pop open my pills always on a piece of soft bedding and they stay put where they land.

5 Likes

HOORAY!!!

4 Likes

I do mine on a sheet of kitchen paper at the kitchen table - but the blister packet are hard to pop under control so that’s when they escape

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Simon, read about you picking up your pills so thought I would give it’s go albeit slightly differently! Managed to pick up each of my 5 pills one by one from the bedside cabinet and then - expecting round of applause! - actually managed to get them one after the other into my mouth!

4 Likes

Whoop wwhooop :champagne::clinking_glasses: :trophy::trophy:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The achievement is wonderful isn’t it :slight_smile:

I’m almost at the stage where I can put my right hand on my cheek without the fingers closing in to make a claw - I’ve still got some development to go but that will open the door for being able to wash my face right handed which I can’t do yet and that in itself will be daily dexterity practise that will push some more boundaries

Thanks for sharing your achievements

It spurs us all on

Simon

3 Likes

Candersarten - I am impressed Simon! Every little success worth sharing and celebrating. Have you any suggestion for someone who keeps finding pills on the floor and wondering how they got there?

2 Likes

Well done simon i haven’t been on here for a while its the little improvements that matter
My husband can put his woolly hat on by himself now its abit lop sided but its another small step i just wish he would keep exercising his hand

2 Likes

Well done🙂 small steps is such an achievement👏

1 Like

Well done mate, we go away in june to Turkey and am gunna get a electric scooter from the 3 weeks , so been practising using a throttle on a motorbike , so far so good, im confident i,ll do it.

2 Likes

Hi Layla @laylabuddd83
I’ll say hello and welcome even though I can see you powered through nearly a thousand posts so far so I guess you’ve got the measure of the place? :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words I hope that when we share little improvements It spurs on those travelling with us and maybe shows a few people the sorts of evidence that they can find in their own journey for a more visceral motivation

I hope you are progressing well on your recovery too

Ciao
Simon

Hi @lynne_day923

Putting a hat on especially a wooly one is quite an exercise in dexterity and reach and muscle control so well done to him :slight_smile: and with a hat there are many overlapping skills to things like combing hair and brushing teeth which are further ways to build capability

Onwards and upwards for all of us :slight_smile:

Hi @daveymitch

Have you got your entry pass to formula e?

Ciao
Simon

Not yet :joy::joy::joy:, good idea thought :thinking::thinking: