Will it ever get easier?

I am 25 years old, I had my stroke when I was 17. Though it's been 8 years since it happened, I still have regular panic attacks and constant anxiety. I am always worrying "will this be the day I have another one" I'm scared it's going to continue affecting my life. I've tried anti anxiety medications and none have helped so far. I just want to feel safe and comfortable in my body again.

Hi and welcome!  Although it's been 8 years since your stroke, I think once someone has one, there is always that niggle in the back of their mind that they may have another. You were very young to have your stroke and I guess at the time all investigations were carried out to find out why it happened and you were given the appropriate treatment and medication to ensure it didn't happen again.  I am much older (my late 60's) and I was told by the Stroke Consultant that after the first 3 months, provided I took the medication I was given and followed all their advice, I was at no more risk of having another than a 'non-stroke' person.  That settled my mind a lot and I rarely think about having another now.  

A few people on here have had councelling which has helped them along their recovery.  Others have found that exercise or yoga has helped. Acupuncture is also very good for anxiety and panic attacks.  Some GP's are very sceptic about alternative therapy and would rather dish out tablets but others are quiet forward thinking and recommend these things before tablets. If your GP hasn't mentioned these things, it's not too expensive to go private to acupuncture (sadly not available on the NHS yet) depending on where you live (£28 a session near me) but the benefit is huge. There are lots of yoga classes around and some that do meditation too which also aren't too expensive so maybe these might help you... worth a try.