Why did this happen to me

Hi all 

I'm about 5 months stroke survivor I can understand all your struggles and anguish. I myself worry about it happening again but feeling positive about how u can get through. I'M 53 and lost me job believe it or not Thomas cook so I'm on ESA now but I've realised none of that matters as long as you've got your health. 

Welcome Fallon. On this site you can ask anything you like or just let off steam. So sorry you lost your job, but health is indeed everything. Five months is still early days but please do all you can to exercise and fight your recovery. I am much older than you, but how I value every single day. My tendency is to overdo things and probably have today. Today I walked around a lovely winter garden, made a cake and made a Tiramasu from scratch. My bugbear is post stroke fatigue, which require's an hour's nap each day and my weak left side still needs hard work. All the best to you.

Dear FAllon

Welcome to our forum.

I would pretty much repeat every word that wise John has written.

No doubt you are on medication post stroke. And you have meoderated your diet and moderated your exercise. So another stroke is far less likely. I know that first month might bring a second stroke, but you are well past that.

Those who seem to have decent recoveries are always the positive ones. So join us positive peoples.

And smile a lot.

Shame about Thomas Cook, they seemed to be a decent company. 

ttfn

Colin