When you wake up

Apologies for this but have to say something.
Firstly had my stroke Feb21. Physically recovered very well ( full use and motion of limbs) Mental recovery good
However I do have the following issues Constant ache in most limbs, regular headaches and ringing in ears but I am a Stroke Survivor.
Now here’s the thing
I sleep very well , a good 8hrs at night, the problem is this During my sleep I am not disturbed no aches and pains, no headache or ringing in my ears but then Unfortunatly I wake up in the morning. once my brain clicks in then you realise it was all a dream as the aches are back etc.
I have had bloods done all clear, Meds checked and even a consultation face to face with a doctor who has revealed my aches etc are ‘just old age’ ( I am 60). add to this soup the fact that I believe ( and understand and accept) my wife tolerates me in the House ( I ain’t the happiest of chappies) so we manoeuvre around without annoying each other and my nighttime 8hr sleep are looked forward to each day. I appreciate the Stroke Association but in my area not just them but the medical profession as well, there is very little impetus to help or resolve.
So my Survival journey is to put up with aches, pains with the luxury of knowing I will enjoy my sleep time but to be fair ( and maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself) if this is being a survivor it isn’t quite how I saw it.
No need for replies just needed to say something out loud. Thanks for reading

4 Likes

Good to get things off your chest. The mind, in sleep mode, is very interesting. I have dreams where I am running, jumping and walking normally. However, the reality is that I wake with aches and pains and my weak left side is still there. The aches ease once my limbs are moving. If they persist I take the occasional joint pain tablet . I get about 6 or 7 hours decent sleep.

1 Like

@Al59 thank you for sharing your story. I always feel better when I’ve shared how I’m feeling with this group. It’s very therapeutic. Fortunately my stroke didn’t cause me any pain though do get an odd day when my affected leg hurts. I always blame over exercising :grin:
Sleep is an important part of healing.
Best wishes to you xx

1 Like

I had terrible headaches for at least the first 6 months. Also aches in both legs, but I’m past that now.
I believe certain statins can cause this, so maybe see if your doctor will try a different one??

1 Like

Aye, that’s me in a nutshell everyday. Nighttime, wonderful, and then the morning has my brain cranking into motion with all the symptoms along with it, including tinnitus which is much worse in the morning or I am just very more aware of it.

1 Like

I have 8 hours a sleep. I have apasia and do not a good a day but do have a few problems with my wife! I have pains but my pains are from neupathy before the stroke which have got worse. I’m 73 years and was put with it up. They say used is each I was look forward to some much when I can see my grandchildren getting older.

1 Like