Weekend comfort

I would be happy if it stayed like that all day 

Yeah me too but I don't think it's going to it's getting grey by the minute ,I'm a bit scared of storms since the stroke any lould noise makes me jump so much never used to be this jumpy ,not sure if it's another post effect ,..pippy ..

I struggle with noises now too, more so if there’s a lot of people around. I went to the supermarket last week and I struggled by the end my head was pounding. Still trying to get used to what things I struggle with at the moment. Like yesterday I couldn’t remember how to open an orange ?‍♂️

So probaly is part of post stroke I struggle with words I go to say something and the word disappears,or names,can't think of them then during the day I will remember,but then can't remember why I wanted to remember it lol...pippy 

Yeah same here, I can’t currently write either I’m having to voice text. And still vision is blurry but every day I’m starting to realise what I can and can’t do amd also when my body has had enough. Hard being young and active to being finished after Iv done some house work lol

We will all get there,just got to stay positive and keep talking,when I first had the stroke I didn't dream for a good 3/4 weeks now I'm dreaming most nights and it's things from childhood names of mum and dad's neighbours who is forgotten but now remember so I'm convinced my brain is re mapping itself ...pippy ...

Morning raining again here in wet West Wales supposed to be getting brighter later and the rest of the week hope so

Rich

I'm in West Wales too. Yes, the Welsh spring has put all my plants out of sync. 

Hey afternoon ,yeah raining here too ,rotton weather ,yeah hope it does get better we could all do with some sun ,to brighten us up ...pippy ...

May has been so wet it's depressing but hopefully will brighten up soon

Rich

That is so great!  What a fine experience.  Our brains are really wonderful, arent' they?  So unappreciated, because we can't see them.  But think how hard they work for us to get us going again. Really wonderful.smiley Love, Jeanne

Morning Jeanne,yes truly amazing powerful thing is the brain ,dreamed again lastnight,just feels so weird after not dreaming at all for a few weeks ,it's reassuring thou that it's mending ..pippy ..

in the first two years or so, I had to nap every few hours. I could tell the difference between the sleepy naps and the stroke naps.

sleepy naps brought me unpleasant dreams, nightmares and night terrors. 
stroke naps were wonderful, no nasty dreams and i awoke feeling rested and content.

Dreams are essential to our well being. I wish mine were not so unpleasant. I am still getting the bad dreams and it sends myblood pressure through the roof.

the brain is a mass of unkown resources.

pleased your nights are adjusting. Very good sign of recovery. And so soon. Excellent.

colin

Dreaming! I hadn't really thought about whether I had been dreaming after my stroke. I am now at 11 weeks and I am definitely sleeping better and I have definitely started dreaming! I am dreaming about going back to work (all good).Maybe it's a sign that my brain is getting better.

Thankyou Colin,I don't sleep during the day,it makes me feel unwell jet lagged feeling ,but I do rest in between doing bits ,I had nightmares then no dreams and now dreaming ,you could say lastnights was a nightmare it involved my ex husband lol,...the brain is such a powerful thing,..pippy..

Like Colin, I slept badly when ai first came home. After that I had a number of dreams where I was running again. Then, in the dream, the rational part of my mind took over and told me, no, you can't run. Given my age, I stopped running long ago.

Durng the pandemic and isolation, my dreams have been all about travelling, missing trains and being surrounded by lots of people. These probably are anxiety dreams. However, ai do believe the brain operates all the time and tries to heal the body where it can. We can help it by doing what we can and exercising.

Weirdly, I can still use my weak left hand to cut the fingernails on my right hand. This, despite the lack of sensitivity in my left hand fingers. There was the odd misjudgement in the beginning but my grain amazes me.

Thats very wise to rest between tasks. In the early years i could not stay awake, my brain closed down every two hours.

i get horrid and disturbing dreams. At least the night terrors have stopped. Nightmares some nights but no more night terrors.

you are advancing so fast. It is delightful to hear how you are progressing.

i used to do the books for an opticians in Leigh on sea. Odells.

i live in Harrow so it was a long commute, via Fenchurch Street i think. Didnt have my Essex home in those days. 
remember to smile

colin

Dear John

Most of my dreams are from childhood, or my twenties. And the detail is amazing. I will wake and note that my dream recalled things i could not recall if i tried. Where is all this data coming from ?

i know data was wiped that had stored in the months before stroke. But of course its hard to know what i have forgotten. My son is staying with us. I can not recall anything of his last visit, apparently Early August 2020. 
that memory loss is probably linked to open heart surgery of May 2020. 
its cloudy over hear in the far east. Hope its better for you.

summer must get here one day soon.

colin

Just had OT had to do memory test passed it all apart from not drawing a box like the picture ,I thought I done a good effort can't draw at the best if times ,and I had 5 words told to me at the start of the test and I had to repeat them at the end and because I got 4out of  5 failed that ,...but in the whole I thought I'd done well ,and no negative thoughts about the test ,it is what it is ...I know the opticians,I live Leigh the old town is loverly ... Pippy ..

Hi yeah all good news ..pippy