Two year anniversary

I have the cheapest slow cooker around. It cost £9.99 from tescos. A few years ago. I buy the cheapest beef, then add spuds, carrots, onions, stock, then anything else left over. Celery and mushrooms go very well. I add some pearl barley and mixed herbs. For fun I will slice most of the spuds, let the other stuff cook for 3 hours then place the spuds all over the top, eg hot pot style. Then cook for another 7 hours.

We also own a fancy £40 slow cooker which I never use. The Tesco cheapo has less to go wrong ! Our slow cookers are the small variety as its only Rose and me at home. Its big enough to cook for four.

I have also done chicken.

Cooking is good for us SS. Its as far away from office work as it is possible to get.

I have a fridge freezer. I used to also have Mums full size freezer but it was only used at Xmas so I have disposed of it. I now regret that a lot !

Its time to sow more veg seeds etc. That is also very therapeutic. Also, the builders have ceased work on the nearby development, so its lovely and quiet down my garden. Away from everyone and away from the world.

Bless you all

Colin

Thank you so much for the recipe and tips you're a star

Thank you so much for the recipe. Sounds fantastic. 

You're making me blush

Thanks for update Kay.  Sending all good wishes to you both xxxx

We're plodding along - we've got lots to keep us occupied, including our micro-brewery!!  Lashings of ginger beer ?, it keeps Himself out of mischief ?.  

We went outside to take part in the Thank You to the NHS yesterday evening - in our (quiet) road we had a grand total of 5 people clapping and playing the saucepans, (that was me, hubby, and my mother, plus our neighbours!!) We made as much noise as we possibly could ?.  I've put out a challenge to the village to get out next Thursday evening and to make some NOISE for our amazing NHS!!  

We've also joined in with the "Teddies in the Window", and our weekend project is to make a rainbow display.  I can't resist a bandwagon!!  

Lots of love to you both, and anyone else who has taken valuable moments to read my post

?  ?  ?

Nic's recipe - bung all the ingredients into the bread-maker, set the timer, enjoy the aroma  ... soooo lazy!!

Respect to you & JJM for doing things the proper way xx  ( I thought that as we're in isolation, I might attempt hot x buns this easter, haven't made those since about 1975!!) ???

Go for it.  Home made hot cross buns heavenly. 

Last time I made these was a cookery class in school.  Many more years than I am going to admit to. ?‍???

Yes, I was also at school the one and only time I made hot X buns!!  

I put the bread maker on yesterday night just before going to bed, SO LOVELY to wake up to the smell of fresh bread this morning!!  Hubby has made a banana loaf this morning (yuk, not my favourite), and I've made soup for lunch, so we're embracing the isolation vibe!! 

I've yet to start my rainbow poster - I'm trying to work out the best way to do it, (so that it doesn't look as though it's been made by a 3 year old!!  There's nothing wrong with that ... if you're 3 years old, and not nearly the Big 6 0) 

I'm trying to find a suitable "costume" for hubby to wear, so that he can participate in the "Taking the bins out" challenge.  I thought maybe his hi-viz mankini, but I don't want to scare the new-born lambs in the opposite field .... Day 15, and I'm already losing the plot ??

Stay safe ? xx

Can't have lost the plot yet because you're aware of the craziness ??

Sounds like you're very prepared for the current situation.  Good for you.????

No sure your suggestion for your husband's outfit will be accepted a bit cool at the moment. ??

Enjoy your lunch and stay safe ??

I think there should be a league table for vegetables prepared by S.S's.

Easy ones mushrooms, courgettes etc.

Medium peeling potatoes, carrots, parsnips.

Tough squash, pumpkin, onions.

Managed to make a pasta bake with roasted vegetables. Need to keep trying. Getting better at the peeling and chopping .

What do you think?

Keep safe everyone