Tiredness

Yep only 7?months so resentful and angary

Hi I had my stroke in May 2017 still struggling and I have naps during the day I  just go with the flow don't beat yourself up about it

There are simple ones you don't need to pay for online like scrambling your eggs with garlic and lots of fresh lemons in your water. Snacking on almonds and nuts if you're not allergic. Fruit and vegetables. Follow a keto group on Facebook or insta. Peanut butter sandwiches oatmeal made with coconut milk. God bless! Get better soon! 

Try and rest more. I was asked to give it two years. Be grateful you survived and give it two and a half. 

Try and rest more. I was asked to give it two years. Be grateful you survived and give it two and a half. 

You're lucky if you can wash up. One of my arms stopped obeying me but things get better with practice. Rest a lot, and do things you enjoy in moderation. Peace and health. ?

I had my stroke in April 2017. I do so little during the day that I'm not tired enough to sleep. Most afternoons out of sheer boredom I have a nap. I feel tired all the time.  I am uncomfortable lying down in bed so sleep in a reclining chair. From reading what others have said, sounds like tiredness is a normal part of stroke.

Struck down in March 2018, and have been proactively breaking up my days ever since. It is not a physical break I need, it is a mental break, so I have learnt to schedule breaks in my day. Colleagues now know that if I have headphones on and am reading a book, it is not because I have nothing to do.  It helps keep the wolf of tiredness from the door to sleep. 

Hi kate, yes tiredness is one of the things all we stroke sufferers have to go through, and with time it does get a bit better, just concentrate on the things you can do and not on the things you can't, that's what keeps me going. Hope things improve for all of us soon. Bob

About the Lemon water for energy. I hope you know citrus and blood thinners don't go together. Blood thinners basically make you allergic to spinach and citrus. Don't forget. 

Me too...only happened 2 weeks ago and I'm hopeful that when meds settle or stop that will help too

I am two and a half years post stroke. I still sleep up to four hours every day. I tried fighting it, but now give in to it and find it's the best way. After a good sleep I can do a few jobs, very slowly, but it feels so good to feel a bit motivated at last. I used to be so active, now I just see things that need doing, but cannot force myself to do it. I hope it improves soon.

Things take as long as they take. I'm getting on for nine years, and still find motivation is lacking. I do get some sperts of action, but I can't decide when it will happen. I find the bigger the task, the more chance I will eventually get round to it. I used to be do everything yesterday, but I've had to accept how I am now. I tend to think of myself pre-stroke as version mark 1, and post stroke as version mark 2. I'm not the same person I was. I have more limiters that I can't ignore, and have made peace with myself, rather than live in constant frustration of what was.

I'm not suggesting it will be the same for you, but things change in their own time. Access any and every service you can. Headway is brilliant if you can access them even if it is only for a day a week.

I can tell the difference between sleepy tired and stroke fatigue tired. I nap to negotiate around the stroke fatigue tiredness and I have worked hard at gettin decent nights sleep. This took me many many months to achieve but now I know that I need 7.5hrs night sleep and that 11.15 is the best time for me to retire. Except in rare cases I do not go to bed during the day. I relax in a chair and usually fall asleep whilst sitting.

During the day I can do 45 minutes activity then need to rest. Fighting the fatigue is useless for me. So  get my 45 minute sessions and accept i then spend a lot of time napping. Actually, in the last couple of months I can often do more than 45 minutes. Things improve but so slowly I cant even notice.

Stroke fatigue is very common. 

I can watch TV and use my PC without tiring. But I cant read much. eg I worked out what I can do and what i can not. I havent really fathomed out when I am physically tired and when I am mentally tired. I reckon its essential to keep mental stuff moving and physical stuff moving.

Travel is disasterous for me. But I can drive safely for 30 minutes. This gives so much independence.

Keep at it Kate. 

Best wishes

Colin

Be careful with a keto diet, there is a lot of scientific evidence of the dangers of such a diet.

Ask for extra support, being a carer you have to make sure you are able to take time out for yourself. Don't think you are doing wrong by asking for help.

Have a chat with your GP or your consultant about how you are feeling, it important that you talk.

I ignored my emotions for far too long, thinking, tomorrow will be better, but without help, I would be where I am now. I'm not as I was pre-stroke, I never will be, but, with help I have found peace with my emotions and am happy with the mark ll version of myself.

I was relitively unscaithed initially, I thought a couple of weeks and I'd be up and running. Nine years on, I still have good and bad days, just go with the flow. 

Have a chat with your GP and your care team to see if they can add anything to help.

I had a stroke May 2016, the fatigue and brain fog has been awful. By June this year I thought I'd improved as much as I ever would. I started a keto diet hoping it improve my psoriasis and arthritis but the amazing thing is the fatigue has gone, I feel like my brain has been switched back on. Also the stammering I've had since the stroke has disappeared and my dysphasia is massively improved.

That is fascinating news, perhaps I'd better have a look at the Keto diet. I dont have a problem with arthritis or stammering but the other things you mention are problems for me too.

Deigh