The dustmen

The Bin men woke me up at 7am :astonished:

oh well

worse things have happened at sea :wink: :wink: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :polar_bear:

grrrr

4 Likes

See now if you were deaf like me you wouldn’t have this issue :laughing:
I can’t even hear my phone on the dressing table if I forget to put it beside the bed at night :rofl:

1 Like

Our binmn usually arrive around that time too. I’m usually up for work by then but it’s annoying on my days off :grin:

1 Like

Funny how admin β€˜a rule’ about off topic posts to some people but not others…

Were they doing the can-can?

2 Likes

That can can, post took a long while to sink in, sluggish today. Rups on form

1 Like

A snappy reply but stealthily lifted from the Baron Knights’ comedy song …

2 Likes

Hi Rups just saw your yew tree post. Became obsessed with yew trees thirty odd years ago. So when in village they asked for ideas for 2,000 I suggested planting twenty trees on parish boundary . Boy did I get flack was known as cyanide Sid. Had trees vandalised and removed , A dozen have survived each with a stone ,date of planting and sponsors initials . Have a good collection of books connected with yew trees. Might be pie in sky but hope to write report or booklet entitled
Lynched ! The Desecration, Demolition and Burial of a West Sussex Church
( St Luke’s in Linch parish. Forty years ago was shown an ancient yew tucked away by old chestnut coppice worker. Put a tape measure round it, 24’, not an impressive trunk but found it was the second biggest outside of a churchyard in southern England. The larger one blew over in the hurricane of 1987 so this is now the biggest. But it was next to church of early English design cruely trashed in 1770 and cleverly hushed up. Now to bed.

2 Likes

PDS, in search of the lost church. If you look at its former location on Google maps, and go back in time, sometimes one can spot the site marks of old buildings, where the ground was blanketed for x amount of years. I’ve done this before, it useful for metal detecting.

2 Likes

Hi Rups years ago went to a fantastic talk on LiDAR technology. It’s now widely available to tap into. Scanning southern England was unbelievably. Ancient tracks, mysterious man made earthworks, bomb craters. I spent many hours happily looking down on hundreds of years of ancient history. With my site , the area around church was sheep grazing. Thirty years after burial thousands of acres from Kent to Hampshire were planted with chestnut coppice. Whole hillside under it as it was unproductive soil. It was a clever cover up by parishioners. They used old church right up to completion of new bland one. They now had two churches in parish. Buried old church, levelled graveyard, how convenient thirty years later covered in coppice and hiding 2,000 male yew tree. Four miles south of tree is a female of 30’ girth 2,500 estimated age in churchyard.

Two essential books for anyone serious about Taxus baccata .The Vaughan Cornish book (1946) lots of references to yews in Wales

3 Likes

Diolch for book titles, I do like hunting down a reference for my library, especially on things I am interested in. I see by your photo that you are also keen on Lego, I used to be keen on Lego as a child but gave all my sets away, all probably worth hundreds of pounds now. My partner collects Lego sets and stores them away unopened, it’s almost an addiction for her.

2 Likes