Teenagers

It all kicked of this morning 15 year old didn’t want to go to school lots of shouting could hear it in my cabin police came and spoke to her and mum then her father turns up then grannie she doesn’t like the school as teachers are rude and don’t take kindly to children with anxiety, plus my stress level we’re through the roof don’t need all this

1 Like

Mickyboy–Sorry it was such a “loud” day. Try to think of it as entertainment. We used to have a neighbor we called “the Cowboy” because he wore a cowboy hat. He fought with his wife every night at around 5 or 6 like clockwork. They yelled at the top of their lungs. After a while, we started pouring ourselves a glass of wine and went out to the front patio to hear the show. It’s become a family joke. Anyway, I’m sending peaceful vibes your way. Hope you can feel them. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

Hi all quite now as granchild has gone to try and bond with her dad, he’s quite condescending I thought he might get arrested for the way he was talking to her, so now I’m just trying to chill out and forget all this my brain was in overload and found myself really struggling, this stroke stuff really messes you up

I found it’s easier to feel “overloaded” since my stroke–so much going on up there in my brain now with all the struggle to rewire. Sometimes I can feel my eyes just “glazing over” as there’s seems to be too much to try to focus on all at once. I t sounds like you were really worried about what was going on with the grandchild. I have a sister that can really upset me. I can’t “take it” the way I used to before the stroke. I have to wall myself off more from upsetting things. Loshy’s idea of earplugs might be a good idea if it happens again, or maybe put on some soothing music to drowned it out. I think we have to be patient with ourselves and realize we have to protect ourselves somewhat. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne