Surgery recovery

My partner has come out of successsful surgery at Quiens hospital Romford.
A few months recovery.
Any support for his partner coping with everything. No power of attorney.
Lived together 5 years in council tax
How to support you partner in intensive critical care

1 Like

Hello @19Cliffsea

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: there has been a lot of chat about carer needs on here, and my wife (@BakersBunny )has run a SA zoom cafe for carers and intends to start an independent one in the new year I believe. She’s generally happy to do one on one as well -

The magnifying glass icon above is a good place to run a search for carer topics.

There are lists of support groups Click the blue text

can I clarify one thing are you and your partner needing support around stroke, a subject we have expertise in through living with it aftermath, or post surgery support, which we haven’t shown but may have some knowledge of?

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

@19Cliffsea Hi & welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your partner has had surgery but pleased to see it was successful.

I’m not sure what sort of support you are looking for but the Citizen’s Advice is a good place to start as they can provide advice on many different areas e.g. financial, power or attorney/deputyship, entitlements etc.

If it is a stroke your partner has had then please ring the Stroke Association helpline 0303 3033 100 & they can point you in direction of people who can help.

If you just need someone to talk to the the Stroke Association also have a here for you service which you can sign up to. You’ll find their details at this link

Best wishes

Ann

1 Like