Sunny day in Dorset

Hi folks such a nice day I thought I would just share it with you all. Things are looking a lot better for me now after my stroke two years ago.
Following a liver transplant for my 60th birthday a 12 hour op. but worth it, better than the alternative which was a bit terminal. I entered I.C.U. oblivious of my surroundings I woke up like Rumplestiltskin to find I was still alive but paralysed down my right side following an Ischaemic stroke and 27% lighter who needs a 5-2 diet. After a bout of Sepsis a twisted bowel and a wash out I was released from hospital in a wheelchair after 3 months to my local cottage hospital for recuperation. Now for those of you who have endured my ramblings, l am writing this sat in my summer house with a coffee enjoying life I can walk with a frame or stick, swallow again and enjoy food, still want to sleep all morning but have just got my driving licence back after numerous medical checks and a hour and a half driving assessment, Had my 4th covid jab yesterday as I am immunosuppressed and With the full support of my wife things are looking good so please please I say to you all persevere with your plight it may seem hopeless at the moment but with help and hope and lots of willpower it does get better. Thanks for listening. Jerry

1 Like

Welcome Jerry and thank you for such a positive post despite all that has happened to you.

Dear Jerry. I needed to read a report such as yours. It gavel me much encouragement. Today I am quite low, having just had my second stroke. I was very active before, walked with a rollator and talking well. Now I can’t walk more than two steps and have the utmost difficulty in talking. I know that things will get better but not soon enough for me. Hope you continue to progress. Best wishes Lilian

2 Likes

Many thanks for your comments Loraine. I hope all goes well for you too, with my very best wishes, Jerry.

1 Like

Hi lilian, don’t get too despondent and keep up the walking if you can, I fell regularly when I ditched the wheelchair and still need the rollator and stick, I even opened the shed and looked longingly at my bike but maybe not yet as my balance isn’t too good. Please keep positive, with my very best wishes. Jerry

Dear Jerry. Thank you for your reply. I am in the early days yet and so I am trying to remain hopeful thank you. I managed to walk a few more steps with my rollator this morning. I will try a few more tomorrow.Lilian

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement. I am trying hard but I am very impatient Best wishesLilian