Stroke seizure

I want to hospital with blue light and found I add seizures I am on tables now amarox levetiracetam 250mg I have a laughing or I can crying I don’t know so I laughed

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re having seizures but hope the meds are controlling it. Like you say you have to laugh else you’d cry.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear @sharris776, sometimes this stroke debacle is like the Black Knight from Monty Python’s The Holy Grail.

3 Likes

I had a huge seizure in October 2021 taken to hospital put on Levetiracetam 250mg 4 weeks later had a second mild seizure Levetiracetam increased to 500mg twice daily. Touch wood not had one since. Told because of my stroke I had the seizures

2 Likes

My mother had 2 massive seizures back-to-back 19 months after her brain bleed. They wouldn’t say for sure that it was because of her stroke, but it is common sense that it was. Scar tissue around the bleed can cause them years later, too. Most seizures happen in the first 6 months or a year, but not always.

After her seizures, her mind really went. They said she probably had brain damage from having 2 massive seizures in a row. Whatever happened, it wasn’t good. She was on Levetiracetam for a few weeks (seemed to control them), and then she quickly got sepsis and died.

1 Like