Seeking Financial Assistance Advice for Father's Stroke Recovery

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m reaching out to this community for advice and guidance on a matter that’s close to my heart. On July 10, my father suffered a stroke, and we are in the process of navigating his recovery journey.

As we all know, stroke recovery can bring about not only physical challenges but also financial ones. I’ll be honest – I don’t have much knowledge about the available financial assistance options, and that’s where I hope this wonderful community can help.

We are located in Leyton, London, and we are looking for step-by-step insights into available resources, benefits, or organizations that can offer support during this challenging time. It would mean the world to me if someone could share their knowledge in a clear, step-by-step manner – from where to start, what documents might be needed, and how to go about applying for financial assistance.

If any of you have experience with financial assistance for stroke recovery or know of any helpful avenues, your advice would be not only appreciated but also incredibly valuable. Whether it’s information about benefits, local support groups, or any other form of assistance, your guidance could make a significant difference for us.

Thank you all for being a supportive community, and I’m truly thankful for any assistance you can provide.

Best regards,
Yordan

Hi @Yordan

I grew up in South Woodford and my dad had a factory in lea bridge road!

You should look at

And maybe contact the Stroke Helpline on 0303 3033 100, or email helpline@stroke.org.uk

Welcome @Yordan hope your father is making progress on his recovery journey.

It’s difficult for any of us to offer any financial advice as there are so many variables that xan make a difference.

Try Citizens Advice. Tyeir website has a lot of advice & help but they will also offer appointments to go through it with you.

I hope you manage to get things sorted.

Hi, I would definitely recommend attending a stroke support group, I found a support group nearby (Kent) through Different Strokes ,
, a UK charity providing a unique service for young stroke survivors and their families. Both my husband and I found the meetings very helpful and informative and we met some lovely people. Unfortunately our group closed due to Covid and never reopened. The group was a mixture of ages from 21 to 70 and a mixture of stroke survivors and carers. Unfortunately we have been unable to find another group, the Stroke Association has nothing in our area.
I would suggest contacting the CAB for further advice regarding financial help, this is a minefield if you have never claimed assistance before. Good luck, I hope you find some useful help and advice soon.

Regards Sue

1 Like

If you’re looking for support groups see

1 Like