Scones for Tea!

I do like crumpets. Usually have marmite on mine…with lashings of butter too :yum::yum:

1 Like

My favorite homemade Chicken noodles soup

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes

The scone recipe at the start of this thread got me into the kitchen again.
The recipe below is for you.

Cheese scones

Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 10 to 30 mins
Serves Makes 10 scones

Ingredients

225g/8oz self-raising flour
pinch of salt
55g/2oz butter
25g/1oz mature cheddar, grated
150ml/5fl oz milk

Method

Heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.

Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on the baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.

Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12–15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Recipe Tips

These cheese scones freeze incredibly well. Just wrap them well and use within 3 months.

Enjoy!

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Ok, I think I’ll try a batch of each. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
Thanks for that :blush:

1 Like

I often make fruit scones but not done cheese ones before. I shall have to give them a go. I love a scone for my tea.

2 Likes

I just had one today after my strength & balance class :blush: My mother-in-law and I usually go off somewhere after for a coffee and a cake…just put the calories back on that neither of us can afford to lose :yum: :laughing:

3 Likes

Tee hee. I like your style :grin::grin:

2 Likes

What is needed around here is a Scone Club.

Unite, and eat your scones with pride!!

1 Like

Now that sounds like my type of club :grin:

2 Likes

I am Allergic to gluten foods

2 Likes

coooo!
they do look good

he’d give you a run for yr money in the village baking tent (or the GBBO) @BakersBunny :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you tried peanut butter and marmite together, @Bobbi?
That is a definately love or hate :joy:

I’m in the :yum::heart: camp

2 Likes

@BakersBunny
I’m the marmite lover, my wife is more peanut butter with chocolate spread, though that is more in the context of something on toast.

Smoked salmon, caviar or lobster are, perhaps more exotic alternatives. Further up in this post is a list of alternatives, both sweet and savoury.

Back in the real world our scones tend to be buttered with a spoonful of ordinary jam.

She likes a fruit scone, something to which I am also partial. However it is I alone who appreciate a cheese scone.

Food glorious food.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :laughing: :+1:

3 Likes

Don’t know whether to :flushed: or :yum:, the former is one of incredulity at someone not liking a cheese scone and the latter is one of greed cos there’s more for me :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I love a cheese scone…actually I love scones of any description. I often make fruit scones then indulge in jam and clotted cream on them. Not great for my high cholesterol but I figure every now & again won’t hurt :yum::yum::grin::grin:

3 Likes

@Mrs5K

Moderation in everything, what more could I expect?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@BakersBunny

Each to their own in a fair and safe world for all.

Bon appetit to everyone.

:+1:

1 Like