Saying goodbye to your job

Tomorrow I have an assessment with the doctor used by our occupational health people at work and with the epilepsy clinic, I cannot say that it's unexpected I have always been aware that at some point in the nature of the job I do the cognitive problems left by my TIA would clash with the post stroke seizures. I have been very lucky in having been able to understand the triggers for my epilepsy and so manage them well without medication up until 2 months ago. What is surprising me is that I thought I would be really stressed by the possibility that I would have no job especially with Covid job issues but instead I feel a real sense of relief that I may not have to struggle any longer with trying to make my brain use the parts that don't work very well. I feel like I'm about to start a whole new chapter of my life and anythings possible. Of course I could be about to fall flat on my face but hey ho sometimes you just have to jump of the cliff and hope the parachute opens. Will keep you posted,be well and keep smiling ?

BeeMac

Good luck. Stay positive.

Best wishes BeeMac! Be safe and well... ☺

Well following on from my previous post the outcome is looking positive, so I'd like to add 2 new quotes to the list.

"We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward"

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking"

Take care everyone, keep smiling ?

BeeMac

I'd like to add 2 quotes from our gym wall...

Consistency brings about change 

If it isn't challenging you, it won't change you

Both of which I think apply to us stroke survivors!