Pain relief

Hi --When I had my stroke 4 years ago I had leg spasms on the affected side so bad I couldn’t fall asleep at night. The whole leg would seize up stiff for several seconds, then ease off–only to repeat about a minute later. Muscle relaxers, gabapentin and magnesium rub didn’t help. The thing that finally worked was CBD Oil drops under the tongue. I had heard about it while in the hospital. A nurse told me and said it was too bad it couldn’t be prescribed as it’s not FDA approved. I would take about 20 mg drops (hold under the tongue as long as possible for absorption before swallowing). Usually, the spasms would stop in about 30-60 minutes. If they didn’t, I took another 20mg. the same way. That always worked. And I’d go right to sleep. The spasms would be gone until the next night. The dose depends on the individual and more is not always better they say. Start low and work up to what works for you. Doesn’t taste real good, but so what. (I liked chocolate mint the best.) The gummies taste good, but I don’t know if they’re as effective. Seems expensive and not covered by insurance, but a $100 bottle (=1000 mg) would last me a couple of months–small price to pay. Over time the spasms came less frequently. After I think about a year or so I hardly every had the spasms. Every few months I might have a recurrence, so I keep CBD oil drops in my nightstand. I checked with my GP and cardiologist before and both were OK with it. Always do that. My GP said a lot of her patients use it. Helped my anxiety too when I used it during the day. In that case I had my husband do the driving that day, since I might feel a little sleepy. No THC in it so not hallucinatory. I hear it is also used for epilepsy . Be sure to use a reputable firm. I ordered mine over the net Ancient Life Oils USA-don’t know it they ship outside US) Hope your husband feels better soon. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

Thats so interesting. Thank you Jeanne.