On the horns of a dilemma

I was trying to organise a rubbish collection from my home when I spoke to a guy who told me that he had to give up his collection business because he had a stroke, he seemed very depressed. We had a short chat I am in recovery after my own stroke, he told that he feels like he is going backwards in his recovery and doesn’t know what to do. He told me that he has spoken to everybody in Blackpool who is contact able but no one seems to be able to help him.
I am unsure if I should speak with him myself because I don’t feel that I am the right person, I am on antidepressants my self, our stroke group hasn’t met since covid and I don’t feel I can cope with more stress. I want to help him. I feel that I should help him. Can any one give me advice on what to do next?

Sometimes it is good to be able to unburden yourself, but it is also important not to ‘wallow’.
There is a lot to be gained from sharing experiences, this Forum is a good example of that process. If you feel you are obliged to behave in a specific way for someone else then it is perhaps time to hit the highway, you owe them nothing.
However if you help one another along and can both keep your heads up and out of the blues then you have the basis for a solid friendship. They do say ‘nothing ventured nothing gained’ so maybe its worth trying it out. Keeping ready to move on if things get too heavy for you or your buddy is always an option.
You could also use this Forum to report any success or failure, so you don’t end up carrying a burden alone. There are many here with a kind word and sympathy to spare.

Thanks for you input, I maybe interested for myself. What’s the contact details where are you based?

Thanks Allan