New stroke

Sounds lovely, I’m quite lucky I have nice walking areas plus the coast not to far away.

yes definitely going to chill for the next few days at least. Enjoy your evening 

Morning hope your evening was restful ,rehab phoned today they have discharged me ,but I'm still as she put it under the umbrella,it seems a bit scarey that these people are disappearing one by one but on the good side she feels I don't need her ,frees up for someone that does .raining here so no sitting in the garden ,god knows what I'm going to do ?..pippy ...

It does happen, four weeks out of hospital and those closest to me thought I should have made my recovery! "It's been four weeks now, you should be better." - they said. :) 

That’s good news, but yes scarry going alone. Dry here just spending time in the garden with my little girl

Yeah don’t think people understand the size of a stroke. Sat the doctor down with my partner just so they explained more about it and how I feel ect. Seems to have worked. Hope all is ok

I am now 9 weeks from my stroke. The more I read about strokes I can understand why  people don't understand the range of problems stroke victim's can have and the varying lengths of time  rehab can take.

I am not sure how you raise awareness ( I knew what a Stoke was and had a very simplfied view of slurred speech and left side issues)

I have been talking to family and friends, slowly drip feeding them information about the range of things and how long it could take.

I am doing well and can walk, talk and do most things I could before I had the stroke (more slowly)

I am very emotional. I am very fatigued. I have tingling on my left side. I am some way from being 'better 'but people can look at me and think there is nothing wrong.

It is  frustrating. 

Google 'A letter from your brain'. An excellent explanation of how brain injury feels. I suggest printings copy to givectobanyone who thinks you should be better.

That's loverly ,it's been raining all day here ,I even started a jigsaw puzzle,but after a hour or so Ive given up for a while ...enjoy your day with your lil girl ,..pippy...

I can’t do jigsaw puzzles yet as my perception ect has gone. Yeah raining here now but had a good half hour in the garden 

Oh no raining there too, where's our summer just want some better weather,the cloudy rainy days effect my mood ,just been watching a squirrel come down to the back of the house,hiding his food in my plants ,looks like I've got some gardening to do tomorrow,depending on the weather..pippy ...

Yeah I know it’s a wash out. Haha we get them all the time in garden. Meant to be nicer here tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s everywhere 

Fingers crossed ?..pippy..