New stroke

You are progressing so very well. I have been following newly inflicted people for five years. No two are the same. 
but you seem to be coping very well at a very early stage.

it is nice that we can do nothing for a few hours. Especially in the spring sunshine.

your smiles do not have to be genuine. False, fake, forced are all doing the same good job of telling your brain that all will be well.

it is clear to me that I will never be the same as pre stroke. Long ago we termed our situation as trying to get to our new normal. Interesting to then compare the covid situation. Things will never go back to how they were, but we can achieve a new normal. I think i shall claim royalties on this one.

we had friends over for coffee outside. It is a step forward, but it was not easy. Better things will come along over time

colin

Im so glad you agree with me Im not a stick in the mud but neighbours dont even talk they dont even see you. I may be gettingon in age and remember when neighbours were there for you not any more I never see them. I agree about watching birds in the garden I spent many an hour watching them. Animals give so much always the same I adore animals of any kind. Norma.

Morning yes hopefully in time we will all recover enough to enjoy everyday without the anxious feeling wishing you a great day ,sunny here but bit breezy ...pippy 

Morning that's great you had friends over for coffee.it really helps the mind but can be tiring,I have a work colleague poping in today for tea in the garden ,which is my favourite place to sit ,I think your right things will never ever be the same again but our brains will give us a different life to live,but hopefully just as enjoyable but just at a slower pace and actually be able to take all the wonderful things in properly instead of always being in so much of a rush ..so I'm looking forward to different ways of thinking and enjoying  life ....hope you have a loverly day ...oh I also have the OT coming in today think she's going to make me walk the length of my road to the shop and back ?..pippy 

Morning, just had my last occupational therapist session. Feels a bit real going at it alone now. Raining here but there’s a chance of some brightness later today 

Dear Norma

Stick with the animals. They will love you for how you are. My cat doesnt mind that i have been ill, he just gives the love he receives.
when this pandemic eases we might get back to the clubs and groups who do care for each other. Something to look forward.

best wishes

colin 

Do let us know  how far you got along the road.

i live at number 187 and i got as far as number 42, spread over many weeks.

perhaps i will make number 0 in due course. Funnily there is a number 0 !

back to coaxing weeds out the garden,

smile smile then smile again.

you will get to that shop, tomorrow if not today

colin

Yeah I get that but you must be making good progress for them to have a last visit ,take comfort from that your be fine ..pippy 

Thankyou I got to the end and back was no problem I was so happy ..pippy

The therapist only do visits for 6 weeks after your stoke. I’m seeing out patient therapist now. Look to take comfort  from what I can. Hope all is good with you 

Yes, sadly there is no community spirit where we live.  Everyone is busy getting on with their own lives and don't pass the time of day with us.  We have neighbours who've lived opposite for over 20 years, we don't even know their names, have never spoken to each other and when they got burgled, I reported it to the police as I saw it happen.  They came across and said Thank you and that was it. After that, they just blanked us again.  

I remember when we were kids, all the women in the street used to be out washing their steps and putting yellow edge on with a donkey stone!  It was non-stop chatter all the time.  No-one washes their steps anymore do they?  !!!

Oh ok that's good  to know so i have a few more weeks yet ,I saw my therepist this morning she made me walk the length of my road alone which was a bit scarey andshe waited at the end for me ,my anxiety wasn't too bad and I feel it's another step of my progression to getting better and stronger ,it's a loverly sunny day at the moment I've had a work colleague visit me and we've sat in the garden and chatted it's been loverly .hope your ok 

Pippy ..

That amazing, well done. Each day can only get better. Seeing friends always helps takes your mind of things 

Yeah definitely we had a good ol' chin wag ,before I new it 2 hours had gone ,but when your at home alone during the day the days drag,a lot of my girlie friends want to come and take me out for breakfast but not sure yet if I can manage that ,..thankyou for words of encouragement I felt good It felt positive ...pippy ..

We're very fortunate, our village is friendly and everyone helped each other during the lockdowns.  Even some old-fashioned bartering going on!!  I'll make you a cake to say thank you for posting some letters for me - it all worked really well ?.  It can take us about 2 hours to do a 30minute walk, we keep stopping to chat to friends and neighbours.  We're clearly very lucky and I wish I could share it with some of you -  you might want to pre-order to avoid disappointment!!  Tomorrow's kitchen specials will be fish pie, mango sorbet, shortbread biscuits and spiced pear and almond cake!!!

xxx

it would be no good if we did they wouldnt speak anyway. They will regret it when they get old or ill. All my  good neighbours have passed on I used to shop for an old lady who lived opposite and keep my eye on her if she neede anything.Since my stroke nobody even knocks on the door. My husband has got prostate cancer so he is not very fit and does most of the housework for me. I am so grateful for this forum I have got plenty of friends here. Norma. Best wishes to you all.

Chin wag always good. Yeah I went out and did a little to much to soon and and ended up having several mini strokes so definitely listen to your body amen take your time 

Chin wag always a good thing especially when you work in mainly woman workplace...nurses always like a good chat,I think next week I have more colleagues coming to visit it's loverly but think I need time in between lol ,I'm sorry to hear you had lots of mini strokes that's just awlful ...yes to be honest I don't do a great deal in the afternoons the morning I do my housework then I rest most of the afternoon then do dinner in the evening ,which I've found hard to adjust as I'm normally rushing around everywhere and working ...hope your days been a good one and have a great evening ..pippy..

Definitely hard going from a fast pace to a complete stop. Yes i definitely think spacing out the visits is a good idea as the body needs the rest. So hard as we can’t see the injury ect but it’s needed. Saw my parents today but shattered now never known tiredness like it lol

Bet it was loverly seeing your parents ,yes after my colleague went I felt so tired ,I never used to get tired ,but it's good that I recognize it now ...you need to rest up tonight and do nothing have a right lazy evening I've just had my walk in the woods which was loverly beautiful evening for it. Take care pippy ...