I agree about the typing .  My texts are often ridiculous . 

Dear Puzzy

in my opinion we cant get our brains sorted unless we get good nights sleep. I spent many months getting to a regular bed time and the 7.5hrs that i need. Once i got the sleep many aspects improved.
I think it best to keep out of bed during the day. Just my way of coping. For ages i needed to rest my brain during the day. This was stroke naps and not nightime sleep. 

colin

I have had an episode of psychological fatigue where my mind is racing I've done the deep breathing exercises and I have settled it a bit. I'm now in a quiet room it is so difficult but I can't give up. The weather would exhaust you and you are wise to have the fan on. I couldn't have the fan on at the minute because of the noise.

Do you like the smell of lavender?  I think it's a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it LOL!  I put a couple of drops of Lavender oil on my pillow before I get in bed. The fragrance of it is calming and it also helps you sleep. 

Thank you I do like the smell of lavender. I must do that! Thank you, you are very kind

Look out for Holland and Barretts penny sale. Buy one get the other for 1p. Having said that, it's usually on offer quite often anyway.

Thank you so much

Hi Jean ,I am New on site . Cerebellum, similar to yours ? 1 year ago , hoped to have improved , but not really. I am 62 years old and used to be a builder , it took me 3 weeks to fit my own grab rails !?. Left side weakness,  mobility problem & extreme fatigue. Did you find this has eased ? Extreme pain at times , particularly after sleep ,every daytime , left shoulder  & arm ,tried exercise but poss worst ? I belive possibly one of worst places for stroke & recovery ? I feel that I should be able to accept this by now , but find this hard ,trying to remain positive. 

All the best David. 

Hi David-- sorry you're having  a hard time.  Yes it does get better, but it takes so slong that you don't realize it's happening.   My sister inlaw is facing the same issue.  We both found that keeping a little notebook/journal helped-- a line or 2 every few days about # of steps, activities, how we felt.  Looking back on it, then you can see the progress.At rehab they only had me doing 10 or 20 reps of various movements.  When i stopped going and was on my own, I tended to overdo, trying so hard to get better.  That doesn't work! I set myself back and made myself sick.  SLOW AND STEADY wins the race.  I used CBD oil drops(20-40 mg) when I felt really bad (physically or emotionally/anxiety). It helped.  I was totally paralysed on the left side 2  years ago-wheelchair a few weeks, walker a few weeks, cane a few weeks.  Now my husband and I go for a 10 minute walk each day.  I find that it's best for me to do things in spurts, 10 or 20 min and then rest and work a crossword, etc.  I still need to build up my stamina and I feel tired and somewhat sleepy most of the time, but the haziness and jitters are going.  It's all slowly getting better. Hang in there and listen to your body.  Keep it moving but don't punish it.  Love and I hope you feel better soon.  Jeanne

Hi Jean ,thanks .

DAVID . 

Hi Jennifer, 12 months ago I was where you are now. My stroke affected my short term memory (especially around language/words - phone calls were a nightmare) and my ability to deal with noise and bright light. I was tired all the time and feeling guilty that I couldn't handle as much as I could before, but with no physical signs to help me explain to others why not!

I took the lockdown as a gift. Finally everybody was having to go at my pace! I've come out the other side feeling much stronger and fatigue has almost disappeared... this is despite home school 2 small children :)  I had to leave my job 12 months back (teacher and senior leader), but am now back working a day a week and looking to increase hours with a second job.

Be kind to yourself. Take one day at a time, do what you enjoy, build things up slowly and don't get sad. Celebrate all the small things. Each month I looked back and saw what I was doing this month that I couldn't do 4 weeks ago. I even celebrated being able to put my makeup on in 10 minutes again rather than the half hour it had gone too as I couldn't remember what to do next! 

Things get better, I promise, but slowly. Your feelings of fatigue will change to other little signs your brain sends. Initially I felt as though a belt was being tightened around my head, now I just get an irritating little tickle at the end of my nose! Learn to recognise them and chill out with a cuppa when they turn up.

Take care and enjoy the little things xx

Hello Alan. Welcome. I had four strokes 1 year ago. I was like yours the cerebellum. Although I am progressing on the whole my balance is bad. I have such trouble walking. My legs are so weak. I also stroked in the occipital lobe taking away part of my sight in left eye. I find a quad stick helps with balance. Take care love judyx

I stroked a year ago. I couldn't type or text. Gradually my typing is coming back text still a chore. Take care. Love judyx

Hello Jeanne. Well I have everything that you have. I had 4 strokes a year ago. I do a task then have to have a good rest. I stroked in the cerebellum which has taken away o lot of my balance and walking. I find a quad stick helps. I also stroked in the occipital lobe taking away some of my sight. Take care jove judyx

Hello David iam 78 and also stroked in the cerebellum. My balance is bad and my legs are so weak. It is so hard to walk. I also find I have pain after sleep. Perhaps it is lying in the same position for long. I also stroked in the occipital lobe taking away part the sight in left eye. Take care love judyx

Hi Judy , how long ago was stroke ? Did you find mobility, improved ? 1year on for me not much .If out walker or wheelchair,  I am now considering small scooter,  have put off ,hoping for improvement. I find due to fatigue, bed for 2 or 3 hours daily . Pain in left arm .I believe lucky to survive ceribellum stroke ? Can feel very anxious ,too much so ,particularly going out / covid & depressed. Lovely to hear from you. 

David . 

Judyx (or is it Cecil ?)- I guess being tired goes with it.  I figure it's because it takes so much more effort just to do the simplest things-even visiting.  I am at the end of the 2nd year (tomorrow) since my stroke.   I will say that I am feeling much better than I was feeling a year ago in many ways, so you have much to look forward to.  A year from now you'll be surprised at the difference.  It's hard to keep your spirits up when it takes so long to get better,  but we must work at it with positive thoughts every day.  Love and hope many brighter days are soon coming your way.  Jeanne

I would consider a scooter if it would improve your independence.It is not giving up. If you want to travel 10 miles you would use a car, so why not use a scooter for a mile.

Janet

Hello David thanks for your post I had my first stroke a year ago this month then another a month later. My scan showed 4 strokes. The cerebellum stroke upset my balance therfore I found trouble walking and still do. I have to use a stick and have a small wheel chair. I also have fatigue and spend a lot of time on the bed. It is more comfortable. My legs ache I get around indoors OK slowly. I find any excersize very difficult. I am on my own with a number of pets and wildlife to look after so I have plenty to do. I live in Hastings old town.i am improving very slowly. Typing coming back. How about yourself. Blessings judy

I had my stroke 3 yrs ago nobody seems to have had a stroke like mine my head is very difficult to deal with it is very strange I have problems explaining to my husband what it feels like. It is not giddy as such just feels like a block inmy head behind my eyes and I have got double vision  I hope somebody can help me with any information. I have got anxiety all the time. Best wishes to you all Norma .