My new Air Fryer

After reading such wonderful reviews & recipes which can be given when using an Air Fryer I jumped in at the deepens & bought one y/day arriving this a/noon … thanks Amazon … nervously as a 1st time user it was the bacon i decided to start with .& to my amazement some 6 minutes later was a delicious ready to eat bacon which I applied to bread & red sauce & hey Presto a bacon ( air fried) sarnie . But wait … there’s more ……
for my evening meal I then had a rump steak & chips thank to to my . You got it -
Air Fryer
. What a great buy :smiley:

8 Likes

Sounds like you’re going to get a lot of use from your airfryer. Happy frying :fried_egg:

2 Likes

Very nice new toy Jordan. You’re going to have fun and make some tasty food.

2 Likes

Hi @Jordan. I love mine. Makes so much sense to use it rather than switch a big oven on. Takes a bit of getting used to but always worth giving stuff a try. Enjoy, Julia x

3 Likes

You are going to have to share some favorite recipes. We have one my daughter uses frequently for frozen junk. I will have to try bacon in it. I usually do it in the oven on parchment paper to get it right without grease popping all over me. That is 18-25 minutes depending on thickness. 6 minutes is way faster for a Bacon, lettuce, tomato on toast!

2 Likes

There are Facebook groups who have hints, tips and recipes to try. Its all worth exploring.
The Americans and Canadians have had these things for years but they are new here in the UK so information is only starting to get out.

2 Likes

they are great for one or two people. Can be used for a larger crowd, but when I cook, it is generally for an army of people, or at least a football team. I was thinking of trying it out for me. I am tired of frozen cardboard pizza and chicken mystery nuggets. :flushed: :bacon: :cut_of_meat: :poultry_leg: :fried_egg: :green_salad: :bread: :broccoli: :cocktail: :plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

I am trying get a microwave and new blender

4 Likes

@DeAnn
Hilary pressure cooked a batch of potato for a meal the other day, too many deliberately. Today she air fried some to brown and crisp up, split a gammon steak between us also air fried with some frozen vegetables, carrots, green beans, peas and a blob of apple sauce out of a jar. It made a colourful, nice smelling tasty plateful, without too much fuss and a limited amount of washing up.

Now when I get in the kitchen I use every pan, bowl and plate, with knives, spoons, ladles, chopping boards, with the whole process stretching over a few hours. Then there is all the washing up.
I suppose it is no wonder she isn’t keen to allow me in the kitchen.
Bobbi does tell it how it is.

4 Likes

I certainly understand all the mess. Same with me these days. With a houseful all the time there are endless dishes to do. I like the air fryer better than the microwave, but I think I am best to stick with coffee and my slow cooker, most of the time.

2 Likes

Yes, coffee and slow cooker do progress at a much easier pace.

Get to bed @DeAnn it is well past time to retire for you !!

2 Likes

Some microwaves now come with convection oven and air-frying capabilities, the way we cook is expediently changing from the old hob and pot full of oil.

4 Likes

I still enjoy a pot full of beef dripping and stick proper chipped spuds in it. When cooked they languishing in a load of salt and vinegar. (not the frozen chips). A pan full of heart attack but very tasty!

3 Likes

@Jordan i love my air fryer, i have a two basket one similar to a Ninja one but without the price tag. I have only used my oven once since Xmas. it’s either hob or air fryer. boiled eggs are lovely in them too

4 Likes

Nah ., you pulling my leg or am I just dumb do they really boil eggs Chris :thinking::blush::thinking:

3 Likes

I want to know, too. May have to look it up, not sure I can trust this lot ,what with Bobbi and his second account, and you all being foreigners and all. You’re pretty close to France, and I am told they deliberately give Americans bad directions just for fun, if they will even bother to speak with one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been told not to believe everything I hear, so I suppose I should look it up on the internet…if it is there, of course, it must be true!!!

2 Likes

I wonder, is that a man thing because my hubby and son are the same :confused:
They use twice as many utensils, just about every surface used and a mountain of dishes left behind to wash up…and I’m the dishwasher :angry: :weary:

3 Likes

Oh My hubby is the same. Kitchen always looks like an explosion has occurred. I’m not complaining though as he’s doing the cooking as i’m too dizzy most of the time :grin:

3 Likes

@Jordan @DeAnn and anyone else

As for eggs,
cup of hot water in pan, pressure cook for 4 minutes, quick release, straight into cold water, peel them after 4 minutes.
Nice eggs for salads, sandwiches or whatever.
We usually do 6, keep in fridge and use as required.

1 Like

You can pressure cook with an air fryer? I’m lost, but then I don’t know how to use it or the microwave… can’t read the buttons or directions on packaging most of the time.

I’m with mrs.5k, too dizzy to do much but sit and fold laundry, sit and hand wash dishes (depth perception is way off, so I miss or drop them a lot, especially soapy wet ones)(Maybe a good thing, I have way too many hand me down dishes. Good excuse to get what I want).

2 Likes