My husbands stroke

So glad his eyes are ok 

Hi donna 

I'm a stroke survivor had mine 3 years ago and my wife tells me that the first 6months was the worst because my body was changing.

The frustration was mental not be able to do things I used to do and also feel like a burden on your family and thrust you in to being a carrer. 

And you don't feel like a man any more you can't work ,help,and have fun with the kids,

I missed the whole summer holidays with my wife and my girls .

Honestly it gets better and the love in his heart will come back slow and steady 

Tom 

These days happen because his brain is trying to repair but the electrons have nowhere to go and find a different routes and hit the brain causing these symptoms. 

Keep going honey it a learning curve 

Tom 

Hi I'm really sorry for your situation.  My husband had a stroke last April and the last year has been horrendous.  It's such a shock it comes out of nowhere.  

My husband also has right sided weakness and speech aphasia.  He wasn't walking to begin with but with physio he has learnt to walk, I would say he was walking with supervision in July.  It's been a rough road and is still very tricky but hang in there, it will improve, there will ups and downs but stay strong and get all the help you can from your physio and  Ots.  He came home in September.  

I would also say ask as many questions from the doctors, the more you are aware of the situation the better, I wanted to know everything that had happened, why and treatment plans etc, but then I like to be informed and know what's what.  

Its really early on, but if you need any advice re benefits etc, I'm here just post.

take care

Catherine