Life now

10 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh i have the same problem

4 Likes

Me too. Very frustrating :confused:

Regards Sue

5 Likes

Return to work today couldn’t remember password to go into clocking system to authorise holidays :joy:

3 Likes

There’s just too many passwords to remember these days. :joy:

3 Likes

Brave browser can help you with that securely, as can a password keeper.
. . . but I understand that some companies are unhappy with having such programs on their hardware.

2 Likes

I am at times extremely grateful for my Mac’s keychain.

3 Likes

Why What is a max keychain?

Problem with passwords are the people who don’t understand security and build routines that require unfriendly human actions that are irrelevant to a machine.

Selection of a password such as " a Mary has a little lamb" is tremendously harder to crack than one insists on mixed upper and lowercase and numbers. When you mix the fact that some sites require a special character and others will only allow alphabetic and numeric characters then you get a situation where passwords are different in their algorithmic construction and that then prevents people from choosing passwords that can be applied widely and based on a scheme

For example I tried for a long time to embed the service name in my password and had a standard pre and post element so all passwords were unique but I had very little to remember but people like Microsoft their password algorithms stopped that from working

C’est la vie

2 Likes

The keychain on a Mac is encrypted software on every Mac that autofills passwords when you permit it. Most Welsh computer users just use … Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

3 Likes

@Rups

Been there, haven’t got the t shirt. Used to have a platform ticket.

I believe there is similar software for other operating systems. A quick search will give more info. Brave browser which I was touting elsewhere has a similar process within its workings.

2 Likes

Automated access to websites and two tier verification is a nightmare for me. If you ask for it some organisations will give you a phone number to use which links straight to a human.

1 Like