Life after a Stroke

Hello 

My Name is David Lewis. I'm 39 years old multiple health issues. I've never done anything like this before.

I had my 2nd stroke in November 2020.And since then I feel like on standby My mind is there but it's not switched on. I was discharged by my ESD 26-01-2021 

I was told to get in touch Psychological Well-being service they have offered mea higher course of CBT which I was told it could take up to 6 weeks. As yet not heard anything! Im in limbo. I just feel so alone and scared. Can anyone give me any guidance or advise thanks for reading 

kind regards 

Davey 

Dear Davey

This is a very supportive group and you will hear very soon from someone with more experience than me. Strokes happen to people in different ways. I'm sorry you haven't heard about the CBT yet. You are not alone. Be assured of that. You can ring up someone to talk to in the Stroke Association in addition to this support group. I have multiple health issues too and take a cocktail of medications. Do you feel it would be OK to share a bit more? What is an ESD? Best wishes Hilary

Dear David

keep positive. Smile a lot, keep every muscle moving each day.

you are not alone. Lots of us are here for you.

check with your GP surgery to see what help is available. The staff can tell you, no need for a GP appointment

best wishes

colin

Morning Hilary. Many thanks for your reply sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. Sorry to hear you also have multiple health issues too and also on a cocktail of tablets. ESD is sort for early stroke Discharged. I think which is many different types of teams and they get things sorted ie if I needed anything for home, psychological. Speech therapy. Support  Etc. They only give you 6 weeks. But they are all amazing. On the other health issues, I've since 2001 I was 20.  I've had 2 major heart ops, pacemakers  my 1st stroke, which mess around with my words and speech.Knickerbocker glory was a fun one to say. 2018 was discharged with heart failure. The list goes on. This 2nd stroke has been so much harder. It's effected more emotions. Eating and drinking I'm having to be reminded to drink eat meds, I'm in the process of writing out my story. Living with my parents as not ready for independent living at moment 
Thankyou so much for your kind message. We are all hear to help and support each other which is amazing. Sending virtual hugs your way 

Davey 

Morning Colin. Many thanks for your kind comments, sorry took ages to get back to you. I'm getting out with my mum once a day we go around a nice lake with mums dogs. Which is lovely. Lovely to make contact with other stroke survivors. And talk to others who are going though it. We are here to help each other. Sending virtual hugs your way 

best wishes 

davey 

Thats great that you get out for walks. Not sure who takes who, but walking is a good exercise.

lots of us SS are here for you

colin

Dear Davey

Thanks for your reply. My other problems are a pituitary problem, bipolar affective disorder and epilepsy. So far I've escaped what you've had. My stroke luckily was minor but I've had a TIA in which my speech went bizarre. I think I had one before but didn't recognise it. Virtual hugs to you. Hilary