Imagine my horror …

I love my cats. They are perfect post stroke companions. They come, they go. They nap on my lap, and provide a healing purr. They rarely demand anything of me apart from at mealtimes. They sleep on the end of the bed. They are independent, wonderfully, autonomous creatures that go to the toilet outside when they need to and bury their waste so as not to leave it lying around. So, imagine my alarm and terror as I was introduced to the latest edition of our household!

3 Likes

Hello @Rups. There is nothing to be horrified about, who could not love that face? I am seriously jealous. I hope the feline accepts the newcomer. There is the pooh picking up to get used to but it will be so worth it. Happy woofs, Julia x

1 Like

Don’t let that sweet face fool you @JuliaH, it is here to torment me and make my life a living hell :woozy_face:

She doesn’t have a name yet. We are seeing what her personality is like first.

Too adorable! Someone in your home is very courageous. Still, I want one! :heart: :dog: The next few months should be very eventful! Have fun! Jeanne

She is rather cute but I too am a cat lover…….I have a fear of dogs after some unpleasant encounters in my childhood. I’m sure you’ll soon get used to her though and she’ll be a great member of your family.
I shan’t be showing my hubby the pic though as we’re definitely not getting one :joy::joy::joy::joy:

No, don’t be drawn in by it’s soft fur and playfulness. It wants to undermine me and bring me down. I can feel it is planning my downfall!

That’s what she wants. She wants to work her way into our family until she gets control of everyone, but I won’t be beguiled by her nose licks and winsome visage.

1 Like

I tried the dog route a few months after stroke but made the mistake of getting a puppy (border terrier). Never had a dog before & 4 days later didn’t have him anymore. A very expensive (financially & emotionally) mistake. Terriers are notoriously hard work and my anxiety was just starting to ramp up.
Got the pup & had a complete meltdown.
So sad to think about it now.
I hope yours will be much easier and looks absolutely adorable.
As you can see from my profile pic Buster the rescue therapy cat has saved the day
Good luck with your beautiful new family member.

1 Like

Noooooooooooooooooo ……

1 Like

Here, here. Here’s to our cats.

2 Likes

Omg I’m so jealous. One dream of mine but my wife would never allow it. I’m in love lol

It’s a ploy @Colindlynch, these creatures do this. They know exactly what they are doing. I was supposed to put her in a cage tonight. I will be told off in the morning. Couldn’t bear the crying, so I have put her on my bed.

1 Like

AWWW I have a snoring wife next to me give me the pup lol :laughing: hahaha

1 Like

Rups–tThis is all too -o - o - o delightful! You know, you’re very funny. You should be a comedy writer. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Rups more a cat person but don’t have one. Never wanted a dog but lumbered with my eldest son’s two Springer Spaniels now and again, not my favourite breed but I cope and they are well trained so enjoy walks but don’t like them indoors as their farts would clear a crowded pub. Hope you get to bond with her.

1 Like

Hi Rups,
I started fostering Battersea dogs and cats (not both at the same time) and like both for different reasons. Cats are less trouble to look after, but they decide when they want to interact with you. Dogs need to be taken for walks (gets me walking) and require poo collection but they are more fun and want to be your friend and play. I think, on balance, I’m more a dog person. Your new addition will provide you with constant unconditional love. Have fun!

1 Like

So cute, lots of lovely cuddles coming your way. I got one of those but my buster is nearly 7 years old now . He is such a character, always ready with cuddles and makes me laugh. Enjoy :wink: xx

1 Like

Indeed, it appears I incurred an ac sprain, the torn tendon has left a small deformity on my shoulder which will be permanent but my partner says it is character building. I beg to differ, it would be character building had I earned it jumping from a moving train or wrestling Professor Moriarty down the face of a cliff, but from a six month old puppy yanking me to the ground, its sense of character is somewhat thin. Two weeks on from the incident, I developed a right-sided shin splint, this meant that for a period of time, my entire right side was in constant pain. As the proverbial icing on the cake I got a nasty cold with a horrendous cough that has persisted until now, waking me up four of five times during the night in tremendous spasms of coughing fits. If these things are here to test us, I must admit I have never rather been keen on exams. :smile:

Oh you are going through it at the minute @Rups those sort of exams really aren’t fun :blush:

1 Like