I’m new here!

Hi louwind and welcome to this special group. I hope things start to get easier for you

2 Likes

Hi Louwind, Life has several low blows! Deal with each problem in turn, trying to solve all at once would too much. Take any advice/ help you can, and DON’T blame yourself. None of this your fault. Moira :bouquet:

3 Likes

Thank you, keeping everything crossed

2 Likes

@Louise_W hi & welcome to the group. Sorry to hear of all your struggles on top of having a stroke & cancer.

Have you tried getting some advice from Citizens Advice re your housing / divorce situation? They are often very good at guiding you where you need to go for help.

As Moira has said try & tackle one thing at a time.

Wishing you lots of luck and sending my very best wishes.

Ann

3 Likes

Thank you, I will keep trying

2 Likes

Hi, Oh Im sorry that you are having to deal with so much as well as a stroke. Hopefully you will find this group helpful. I only joined it last week. Sending you a big virtual hug. :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m a proper party-pooper at the moment

2 Likes

Hi @Louise_W and welcome to this wonderful forum where you can find so much advice and heart warming support.

Believe in yourself, you are stronger than you think, far stronger than your husband could ever be because you’ve made it this far despite him. You won’t be there when he needs you most and he’ll only have himself to blame for that. He clearly wasn’t strong enough for you and you deserve better than that; you’re a stroke survivor now, a warrior. Don’t fall now, this is just a weak moment in time, it will get better.

Do you attend any groups for your aphasia locally? Here’s the link to a list of both online and in person groups you may find useful to check out. There might be something going on in an area local to you.

2 Likes

Hi, so sorry to hear of your stroke and that you are struggling with life at the moment. Welcome to this forum, we are a merry band of stroke survivors. Hopefully you will find some advice and words of wisdom to help you through this difficult situation. I know it’s easier said than done but try to stay positive and ask as many questions as you need to on the forum or just have a moan or a rant if you feel the need. I wish you well and look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to join our chat.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s so kind of you. I’m trying to be positive but some days are harder than others. I haven’t see the groups, thank you for the link

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s so nice of you

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Louise_W, sorry to hear about your stroke and other issues. I hope you will find lots of helpful advise and a friendly ear, here.

3 Likes

Thank you. I haven’t tried Citizens Advice yet, I will give them a call. I still can’t quite believe what’s happening

2 Likes

Thank you, trying to be positive. Some days are harder than others.

Hi Louise, So sorry to hear about everything you’ve gone through and are still going through. Having a stroke is bad enough without all those other horrors. Others have given you great advice so I can’t add much apart from, as I learned from my stroke experience, it can take a while to heal and it can be extremely frustrating but if you have good people around you, it’ll get easier. This forum in particular has helped me a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think I’m still in shock at the moment. I keep thinking it must just be a nightmare, waiting to wake up and realise it was a bad dream.

2 Likes

@Louise_W welcome to the group, this is definatley the right place to post, we are a friendly group who where possble will over support and advice, you can vent your frustrations here without any judgement. why not contact the cab office for help they can point you in the right directions. good luck and keep us informed on how your doing

1 Like

Thank you. I can’t believe I’ve only just found this group! I should have found this years ago!

2 Likes

Clearly my strokey brain is letting me down. I thought I’d added my welcome to you @Louise_W and it appears that I hadn’t.

Let me correct that now and say welcome to the group :slightly_smiling_face: A great place to celebrate your successes, ask questions, rant when you need to unburden amongst folk who have a visceral understanding of all the challenges that being a stroke warrior implies you fight every day.

I’m glad you found us now!
Ciao
Simon

1 Like

I’m glad I’ve found you all! It’s so good to find people who understand.

2 Likes