How many strokes could i have

i had a mini stroke it only lasted a few minutes then i had a stroke a few weeks later it was not a bad one my left side of my mouth dropped and i could not get my words out  but the next day i was talking ok  some of my words dont come out right but on the whole am ok .the doctors gave me tablets to take i had to go back this week to the hospital to see how i am and get results of test  they wanted me to take am trying to be healthy and do walking its just am worried could i have another stroke that scares me

Hi there,

I hope the results of your tests have put your mind at rest, but I can only imagine how it must feel. I would suggest going to speak to your GP to ensure you understand what the cause of your stroke was, and what you can do to reduce the likelihood of another stroke.

If it would help to talk things through, you are welcome to call the Stroke Helpline. You can call them if you want to know more about stroke and its effects, what happens after a stroke, and what help and support is available. You might simply want someone to talk to. The Stroke Helpline is open Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8.00am to 6.00pm and Saturday from 10.00am to 1.00pm. The helpline number is 0303 30 33 100.

Best wishes, Catherine 

hi catherine well i went to the hospital got my result i have a irregular hearbeat that was what caursed my stroke she was lovely i was upset becase it was my heart then she explained my heart was healthy just the rythem she said no to worry just changed my tablet am on eliquis two a day she booked me in to see a heart specilist just to explain about heart problems i feel better that i now what caursed my stroke and hopfuly i wont have another one just try to eat healthy and do some walking the hospital rang next day and told me all about the tablet and side efect

That's great, i'm so glad you're feeling more confident about why your stroke happened and you have some preventative measures in place. Best wishes, Catherine 

hi catherine i feel a lot better i go each month  for my blood presure along with all my tablets i feel fine been going swimming agin which helpx