Hot weather sensitiviy

Hi This is Jeanne again. Sorry I posted this in another place as I didn't know where to go.  I have a question.  Since my stroke 2 years ago I have been very sentive to heat.  Have to stay in with the A/C when it gets hot outside.  I didn't used to be like this.  Anyone else? Anyone know why?

I dread the heat as well as soon as I hear the temperatures are going to rise my fan comes out, I have to sit in front of it and cannot move. It has definitely got worse since the stroke.Hope that has helped you. Norma.

Thanks Norma.  It's helpful to hear others experience some of the same things. Jeanne

Hi, I have the opposite  problem , heat doesn't  bother me, the cold does !! Even in this hot weather,  as soon as there's  a gentle breeze  or the sun goes in I'm cold.  I can't  sit directly in the sun like I used to but I'm  quite comfortable  in the heat generally.  If I get too cold it effects my muscle  tone and affects my left side, which is paralysed  following  my stroke 3 years ago.  I have no idea why this is unfortunately,  just another issue  to deal with in this nightmare !!! 

Regards  Sue

My husband has the same problem.  He is always cold, even when the temperatures were in the 30s recently, he was still wearing a T-shirt and a shirt.  We think it's down to his medication, Clopidogrel, or maybe any meds which might have the effect of thinning the blood.  Yesterday we were all in shorts and T-Shirts, but his fingers were like ice!! It's very frustrating because I'm always quite hot, we struggle to regulate the temperature indoors!!

He usually spends Winter months wrapped in fluffy blankets!!

Heyho!!  xx

Hi Sue-- I guess our brains go wacky in many ways with a stroke.  Have you had any sort of rehab for your paralysis?  Thanks for responding to my post. It helps to talk to other people.  Best wishes, Jeanne

Hi Jeanne, I spent 12 weeks in a rehabilitation  unit, and have had regular  physio therapy at home  since being discharged 3 years ago.  I walk with a stick, although when at home I potter about with no stick.

With my husband's  help we do daily stretching  exercises on my arm,  to help maintain  a good range of movement. Unfortunately,  as yet, my arm has shown no improvement.

Regards Sue 

Thanks for getting back to me, Sue. I'm so glad to hear you're keeping at it. Don't give up.  Repetitive movement is a great hope for rewiring the brain. When there's a lot of rewiring to do, it can take a little longer than we want it to. Prayers and best wishes. Jeanne

Well said Jeanne

I got good physical recovery, much of it in just a few weeks. However, not everything works and after three years i took yoga classes and the yogi helped me to release faults left behind by the stroke.

Covid has stopped the yoga options. 

We all move forward when we put the effort in

Colin

Well said Jeanne

I got good physical recovery, much of it in just a few weeks. However, not everything works and after three years i took yoga classes and the yogi helped me to release faults left behind by the stroke.

Covid has stopped the yoga options. 

We all move forward when we put the effort in

Colin