Hobbies

@janella69 hope you have a lovely time in Spain. Just having a change of scenery and being able to relax is great even if the weather isn’t as good as it could be.
:sunny::sunny:

1 Like

Very lucky as my friends son has a beautiful brand new villa and said for four of us girls to have a break. Not too worried about the weather just nice to come away with friends. I will have enough to stress over when I go home as I’ve just sold my house and moving into a bungalow. Can’t wait. Exciting times x

1 Like

@janella69 oh wow you’ve got a lot going on. Enjoy your break & good luck with the house move…exciting :grin:

Getting those fingers to work again is a major problem. My trouble is trying to find others to play with otherwise the enthusiasm to play wears off and I get bored with my own company. I have developed a system using a program called ENCORE to record rhythms of my favourite jazz tunes and get the computer to play them while I add the lead live.
This is a great system but still not as good as playing with a live person.
Deigh

since my stroke in November 2020 i have only read one book. i miss my reading, but still don’t have the concentration for it

@chris67 I am almost 6 months post stroke and I have managed about 4 pages of my book. I was an avid reader before but just don’t have the concentration or attention span for it now :confused:. I’m working on improving it though :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve actually read three books whilst I’ve been away and enjoying them

3 Likes

Thanks. It did go down well. In fact we have now been booked for another gig in the area later this year by someone who saw us there. That will be an evening gig so may test my fatigue and concentration levels! I find that songs where I am ‘featured’ really take it out of me so will be re-structuring the set list so that the tricky songs are early on.

@Retrokeyplayer that sounds amazing. So glad it went well. Hope the next gig goes well too. Sounds like a good idea to put tricky stuff earlier in the programme.