Had enough

2 years off Nobody to talk to is doing my head in

Hi Mickyboy-- I don’t know your age, but if you’re a senior citizen, is there a senior center nearby? Does it provide transportation from your home to the center? I’d go nuts with nobody to talk to. But I bet there’s a lot of folks out there like you with nobody to talk to. They would benefit by talking to you. Call a nearby church. That would be a good resource. I started going to a nearby church to bible study class once a week. I didn’t need to “join” the church. I just wanted to learn and talk to other people. It’s been great. There are folks out there for you. But you have to “get out there” (even if by phone or zoom) and find them. I’ll be thinking of you. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne

Hello @Mickyboy, as a buffer, the Stroke Association have a service called Here For You. A volunteer or stroke survivor calls once a week for eight weeks, and then you can arrange a further if needed. I use this service, I also attend a weekly online stroke survivor group using Zoom. There may be one organised by a community group in your county, and I think Different Strokes has one through FaceBook. I know it’s not the same as sitting with someone face-to-face having a cuppa or bevvy of choice but it helps take the edge off.

Thanks for information will try stroke assoc about buffer hope you doing ok mick.

2 years isnt bad, you get a bit more used to it after 6