Foot drop aids

Has  anybody know about  having a foot drop aid,  either from the NHS or  a private one . I have looked at the XFT-2001D FES System on Amazon  but I do not know anything about that it.

Hi Bill. I had an FES machine from the NHS. It sends an electric current through the calf muscle which lifts the foot and aids walking. However, the pads can cause an allergic skin reaction. Not all health authorities fund these so best ask your doctor. The machines cost £1000 plus to buy. You can also have a lower leg support so ask your doctor about that too. Doctors can refer you for both these aids.

Last December my dropped foot corrected itself and I no longer use the machine. You do not say where you live. I live in Worcestershire and got my FES machine from our regional centre in Birmingham.

Hi Bill. I have been using an FES machine for 2 years supplied to me by the National Hospital at Queens Square, London, I was referred by my GP on the NHS. The machine I use is from Odstock and is a Pace. I use my machine every day and have found it extremely helpful. I also use an AFO (artificial foot orthotic) mainly when I am exercising. This was also supplied by th National on the NHS. You can contact Odstock direct, they are very helpful. Contact No for Odstock is 01722439540 or take a look at their website: www.odstockmedical.com.

Hope this is helpful

Sue

Thank you for that. I will talk to my GP and Physiotherapist  about that .

Bill

Hi John,

Thank you for that, I will talk to my GP and Physiotherapist about that.

Bill

Your welcome.

Sue

Your welcome.

Sue