Food glorious food

Since my stroke I’ve struggled to follow instruction manuals / processes etc so today I thought i’d try some baking following a recipe to see how I got on. I need to improve my instruction following skills before I return to work so thought this might help. Here are some pics of my efforts…i’ve not tasted any yet but i’m still pleased with the outcome.

I’m off to lie in a darkened room now. I’m shattered :grin:

6 Likes

@Mrs5K
can I come around for me tea tonite, please? A dish of whatever that is in the pan and a nicely risen buttered scone with jam to follow. Some of those greens I spy at the edge of the picky, too. Yes, I could manage that.

I wouldn’t stay in that darkened room too long or it could all be gone when you get back!
Yum,

keep on cookin’ on!

:grinning:

3 Likes

@Bobbi thank you…the greens are broccoli :broccoli: i’ve had a mammoth session this morning to help save time and effort on other days :rofl::rofl:

I’ve done chilli & savoury mince which will probably nake a cottage pie. :yum::yum:

And of course you’re welcome for tea.

3 Likes

@Loshy think i’m preparing to hibernate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will be trying a scone with jam and cream for lunch…shhhhhh don’t tell anyone as I shouldn’t be eating cream :yum::yum::yum::yum:

xxxxx

2 Likes

Nom, nom, nom :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

I have just demolished a scone with jam and cream & I have to say it was delicious :yum: :yum::yum::yum:

4 Likes

All looks delicious :sparkles:

I haven’t got up from the sofa yet!

3 Likes

@DDMH thank you. I am now on sofa as all the effort wore me out.

Hope you’re ok. Sofa is my new best friend :hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

3 Likes

Hilary, my wife and carer, just made porage.

I’ve decided, porage is my best friend.

I think scones and cream would come close second, though.

Is it legal to have two best friends?

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Well done. Nothing succeeds like success.

2 Likes

Wow what a busy :honeybee: you’ve been! Looks like you’re feeding the 5000 :joy:.

A scone would go very nicely with my lonely cup of tea.

Well done.
Rest fully deserved. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Thank you @John_Jeff_Maynard and @Ingo66 i’m getting prepared for winter hibernation i think :rofl::rofl:

@Bobbi i think we’d let you have 2 best friends just this once :grin:

3 Likes

Nay, porridge is it. I love my porridge. Take my porridge away from me and I am a scorned man. It’s illegal to love anything else but porridge if you like eating porridge.

3 Likes

Evening Ann @Mrs5K. These look amazing. I think I can smell them through the internet. It’s a great feeling when you put your mind to it, get it to do what you need it to and actually create something functional and in this case delicious. I tried making ravioli from scratch tonight, which is the first time since before the accident but something I did regularly before. It was tricky as I couldn’t remember alot of the details so had to do some proper planning and it does require a good level of dexterity which was frustrating at times but I served up 2 decent bowls of mushroom, ricotta and pine nut ravioli. Now I know I can do it I just need to keep practicing and experimenting. Hope after a rest on the sofa and a scone you will be recharged enough to plan your next cooking adventure, Julia x

2 Likes

Aye, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it, but it’s almost a fact for me. Perhaps it is the brandy talking but if it promotes porridge, it is no bad thing :grinning:

3 Likes

@JuliaH thank you. The scones tasted lovely & they got the thumbs up from hubby too :grin:
Well done on making your ravioli. Much more complex than my scones. Bet it tasted delicuous :yum::yum::yum:
Enjoy your weekend. Ann xx

2 Likes

Thank you @Mahoney the scones are yum. The chilli will be consumed tomorrow …well some of it. Think i’d be very fat if i ate it all :rofl:

2 Likes

You may be “shattered”, BUT I’M HUNGRY!!! :yum:

1 Like

@axnr911 You’ll have to get on quick it’s disappearing fast :rofl: x

1 Like

Feeling chuffed, lit wood stove this afternoon more to keep out damp and cheer myself up, Did something I hadn’t done for 60 years, that dates me. Found my grandfathers homemade toasting fork, cut three slices of bread, located marmite and spread from fridge. Opened up front of stove Well first slice went up in flames , that was a sacrifice to fire , slice two and three happy with, and munched away. Have to keep scanning left due to bit of vision loss, didn’t ! what’s that strange smell ? Spread was now liquid in a funny shaped melting plastic tub left to close to stove, then discovered when I put log on fire had transferred sawdust and other debris in marmite pot. All cleared up now and one happy bunny🐰

2 Likes