Feel like crying

Hi every one, i havnt been on for a wile. I was feeling ok but god the past couple of days i feel like i could just sit and cry. No idea why i just feel really low. 

That's such a shame - maybe you just need to cry for a little while, let it out, then things will brighten up again.  Sometimes these things can't be bottled up, stroke is such an emotional roller coaster, and eventually you will come 'up' again ? keep strong, this will pass.  Take care xxx

Thank you. My husband works really long hours and he is off from tomorrow for 4 days. I just hope im not going to be a mess for him. I miss him when hes at work all the time. Hopefully i will be feeling better tomorrow. Thank you again. Ayisha. Xx

When I went back to work after my husband had his stroke, I missed him and worried about him all day!!   I used to send him texts with just 2 or 3 emojis, because it was a quick and easy way to let him know I was thinking of him.  He replied with a couple of emojis, and that was not too challenging for him.  It worked for us, and just to know that we were thinking of each other was reassuring.  This may be something you could do, if your husband is able to access his phone during his working day, and might be a comfort to you.  ? xx

Awe thats lovely. Im back at work now as well ( only do 25hrs a wk). We do text and talk all the time. Its not the same though. Cant wait for his days off. Xx

I often sit and cry but don't know why 

Hi. Nic.

There's nothing wrong with just sitting and crying.

In fact, it sounds like a good idea.

I have never been upset or cried about me having a stroke.

Always thought that was a bit weird. Maybe that's what I need to do. I do cry at stupid adverts though.

Join the club. I think its just some thing we all have to deal with. Just remember your not alone. Ayisha. X

I have days when I feel like this. My stroke was about 15 months ago and initially all went well,  it as time has gone on I have days when I feel like crying. This can be linked at to seizures and the feeling I'll never drive again. I find that I have to do something even as boring a dusting! Exercise does help even if fatigue can follow! 

Hi Jackie ,im one month on since stroke .I know im in the early stages of recovery as opposed to  your 15 months .. My stroke hit my right hand side. Im no expert but reading and hearing from stroke survivors yor feelings are  normal in the big picture .Ive found myself in floods of tears for no apparent reason. Last week i was on my laptop just searching youtube when i suddenly started to feel really sad ,tears followed. Then I come across an old video of Victor Borge. Didnt matter who he was but then the tears became laughter tears .All strange but "normal" .Anyway Im thinking that  we wont find any sensible reasons for ourselves crying so im just "going with the flow" if you will excuse the pun !.. Keep up the good fight and at least your house will be dust free . Tony

Feel alone most of the time 

My stroke was in september 2017 and I still feel like crying xx

You r never alone although it can feel like it ( i know exactly what u meen). Always here if u need to talk. 

Hiya I get the same, i start to cry for no reason however minutes  later i cant stop laughing hysterically, when I asked bout this I was told it is called emotionalism in is a side affect of my stroke , its 2 and a half years since my stroke and I still suffer, it's a bit embarrassing when out in public. 

Hi Jackie

Yes its a bummer when you feel good one day and bad the next. I have learned that if I do more one day the next day I have to rest as totally zapped. I hope you manage to get back to driving. I have just started driving after 6 months post stroke. I lost the use of my right side completely. With the COVid have made myself persevere every day doing exercises physio sent online and the paper ones she gave me before lockdown but you do feel low and unsupported with this virus. Having said that I have goood supportive family. I do have days when I feel wretched but have to give into this and just rest. I tend to say to people that Im no good before 11.00 in the morning! Chin up you will get there! Keep persevering life is important and I always try to say to myself that there is someone worse of than you! Take care

Rita

Hi Jackie

Yes its a bummer when you feel good one day and bad the next. I have learned that if I do more one day the next day I have to rest as totally zapped. I hope you manage to get back to driving. I have just started driving after 6 months post stroke. I lost the use of my right side completely. With the COVid have made myself persevere every day doing exercises physio sent online and the paper ones she gave me before lockdown but you do feel low and unsupported with this virus. Having said that I have goood supportive family. I do have days when I feel wretched but have to give into this and just rest. I tend to say to people that Im no good before 11.00 in the morning! Chin up you will get there! Keep persevering life is important and I always try to say to myself that there is someone worse of than you! Take care

Rita

Feel so alone too.

Stroke is such a cruel thing.  I know it's very difficult because we're all remote, but you will always find support and understanding on this site - someone is always online, whatever the time, and you can tap into a huge amount of advice and suggestions.  With 'virtual' friends you don't need to feel alone - reach out and others will reach out in return.

Take good care xx

Unfortunately, living with the after effects of stroke is quite a lonely thing. Even those closest to you cannot fully understand your thoughts and feelings. I don't think anyone but a fellow survivor can know how depressing it can be when it takes you ages to do shirt buttons up or try to keep a piece of ironing in place on the ironing board when you try to do the little ironing that you can.

I think that same premise applies to a lot of our thoughts and feelings, especially about things you cannot do any longer because of the stroke. If my partner wanders away from me in the supermarket, I can't keep up and haven't the energy to go limping around in search of him. Instead I am under instructions to 'stand in the middle aisle' until found, but then standing on one spot makes my hips ache.

I have learnt to cope to a certain extent and have learnt to find humour in certain adverse situations, or I just swear. Generally, I remind myself that its is what it is'. I cannot reverse the effects of stroke, but I do my best to make the best of them. Easier said than done sometimes.