Exercising

I’m at it again another 30 minute 4.6 km bike pedal,
It’s a need rather than a life style, it’s all I can do to proactively get better so don’t Beto hard on me for posting progress

6 Likes

Any exercise that we are capable of is good - keeps the circulation going. I do some leg exercises while I am sitting and watching TV.

@mrfrederickson you’ll have cycled around the world soon :grin: i have an exercise pedlar rather than a bike which I use when sat at my desk. Every little helps as they say.

1 Like

Yes continually trying is key your pedlar is key just keep on, great application, not sure how far I’ve travelled but 150 minutes a week is part of my pre diabetic work out

1 Like

I am so PROUD of you. That’s great.! Hard work is the way to get better. Too bad there arent’ any shortcuts, right? :biking_man:

3 Likes

Sadly shortcuts are not in our world, it’s all long repetitive tasks and micro improvements barely noticeable by ourselves. Feedback from our people who know us best is the best yardstick for seeing what progress we’ve made

1 Like

@mrfrederickson

This Forum is an excellent place to blog your progress and get feedback.
All I can say is Yes!
Tell everyone, make your voice heard.

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Well Bobbi that’s the only thing god gifted me , a determination unmatched on any other level, wish it would deliver sooner, but I guess we would all like that

1 Like

@mrfrederickson i have been doing virtual walks using the conqueror ,its app based you get an actual medal at the end. i have completed 6 thus far

Taking tips from the exercise group I attend every week in our local village hall I put on some Macarena music via my Eco Show and do largely chair bound exercises in 15 minute slots…I find this works best for me…perhaps it could help others.I know left to myself I would rather sit,read or watch telly…I was always a bit of a couch potato!

2 Likes

PS I have passed the one year after point and this year I will be 90!

3 Likes

@Sheila88 i too am a natural couch potato. keep on going

Good for you keep it up. I was back in the gym 3 weeks after my stroke even though I had to sit down 4 times from car park to gym following a full left side stroke arm leg face & voice. Still weak on my left side 3 years on.

1 Like

I also use an exercise bike but have also got a cross trailer was hard to start with my arm and leg not working properly but I’ve got it now so i change between the bike and cross trainer.

1 Like