Constipation

Does anyone else suffer from this. Mine started about 4 months after the stroke. Joyce

Hi Joyce, I suffered when in hospital after my subarachnoid hemorrhage as I think I was terrified to go thinking something could happen, they kept giving me medication but nothing until I decided that I had to try and as I was still in the hospital at least there were nurses etc if anything did happen. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Joyce, I have always been very constipated in hospital. Once home after my stroke, it took many months for my bowels to get back to normal. Even now, I can still get a bit constipated. I think stroke can put the whole body out of kilter. I changed my diet to include more fruit and fibre and things are much better now.

Thank you for your reply Jeff. I was beginning to think I was the only one.In hospital I was on mashed up food  but wasn't constipated. I returned home and was on a normal diet but ate  very little. It was then the trouble started! It's taken many months and I was advised to take Strigol (a stool softener) and am gradually reducing the dose to 1 sachet every other day. I too include more fruit and fibre in my diet. J

Things are easier now Katie but only just! I got quite upset about it for similar reasons to yourself. Xxx

Things are easier now Katie but only just! I got quite upset about it for similar reasons to yourself. Xxx