Confused over Government Coronavirus advice

Hi just wanted to get some advice,some of you may be in the same predicament.  I work in an infant & nursery school, when we originally went into lockdown my head asked if my doctor had asked me to have flu jab, answer was yes, so she said in accordance with Gov advice I should go home and isolate for 12 weeks.  I have heard stroke mentioned on a few occasions as reason to isolate but have never received a letter to do so.  I received one from stroke association stating that we are more vunerable to getting pneumonia.  So I have continued to isolate.  I was only able to go back to work for two 5 hour days. 

What is worrying me is if when I go back will I be asked for the government letter, and to be honest I am worried about going back as the only two years that are in are nursery and reception children 2-4year olds who will not understand 2mtr distancing and my patience is not at its best with little ones now.  

I worked with year 2 children 6/7 year olds and caught every bug that they bought in.

Have other stroke survivors received letters or have the gov just forgotten us again.

Any advice please, Thanks Wendy

I too get called for a flu jab and this appears to make me vulnerable but not severely vulnerable. I am also over 70 so that is also a vulnerability.

No letters from the governmenet, although Sainsbury do seem to give me "slots".

I have had pneumonia. I am asthmatic and, just to add a little gloss, I had major heart surgery 2nd May 2020. So I am mega mega vulnerable. But no letters, no words of advice, no help with food parcels etc

So I have stayed home for the 12 weeks that I was asked to stay home, well I will be when the 12 weeks ends on Sunday 7th June.

I would point out that I dont think we were asked to isolate. I think we were asked to stay at home. But there was so much conflicting words that others will probably disagree.

What seems certain is that we, whatever you call us, have now been totally abandonned. I would love to find I am wrong and that Boris gets on the TV and sets out what he recommends for us lot. 

But I am pretty sure there will be nothing. If all of us start to go to the supermarket on 3rd June then the supermarkets will be overwhelmed.  

In your individual case, the question is...are you fit to work at your job ? I dont think a government letter will help on this score. If you are to be asked to ignore "social distancing" then you should not be back at work.

The effects on me of a stroke rendered me incapable of working for three years and more. OK, I had retired, but no way can I work. 

good luck Wendy

Colin

Hi Colin thanks for the reply,  I heard from my head on Friday, and she has said that they want me to stay at home as given that I work in a school trying to me 2 mtrs from 3-4year olds would be virtually impossible. Hopefully, they will have some work for me that I could do at home to keep me occupied. Wendy

In the circumstances, thats a pretty good response from your Head.

A bit of working from home should ease you back in to employment. 

Getting over a stroke is a mega part of your life. This pandemic is a major part of your life. Both issues need a lot of careful thought. 

Trying to see the plus side, we could say that it is good to get both issues dealt with at the same time, rather than one then the other.

Best wishes

Colin