Bad down day

I’m usually a positive person but really struggling today, had a hospital appointment this morning not about the stroke, a cyst was found when I had the ct scan so it was about that, I went to hospital feeling great first time out without my walking stick and actually felt I walked better without it, saw the consultant hadn’t seen her before so she made me go back to just before stroke talk through what happened and all the issues I’ve had (lot of gyno stuff I won’t go into) anyway

I felt like she just basically said I’m a fat mess and now because my emotions are all over the place I’ve been in tears for hours. I don’t know if it’s stoke issues or hormones doing this, they can’t give me hrt because it increases risk of stroke. Ugh its horrible sorry for the moan just I’m on my own and needed a vent

Hi Lorraine

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rotten day. I’m sure your consultant didnt intend to upset you but some of them have an amazing ability to stick their foot so far in they tickle their tonsils.

The wobbly/teary feeling is likely to be a bit of both hormones (I had peri menopausal floods of tears in my mid-40s and was made to feel like a right basket case) and stroke (folks here will tell you that) and I’d agree.

Feel free to kick me if I say things can only get better :sunflower:

2 Likes

@Sharon_B i suspect your emotions will be affected by your stroke & the menopause. Oh its fun isn’t it. :slightly_frowning_face: i’ve had appointments where i’ve come away in tears not because the consultant has done or said anything particularly but just because I felt like I had enough to deal with & they’d thrown something else into the mix. Just let the tears flow…I am a firm believer that its good for us to have a good cry sometimes. Hopefully tomorrow you’ll feel a bit better about things.
You never need to apologise for having a moan. We’ve all done it & that’s why this group is so good as no one minds & we’ve all been there.
Sending hugs :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

@Fib i love this. It made me smile :smiling_face:

3 Likes

@fib you have made me laugh :joy: thanks

1 Like

Thanks @Mrs5K yes your right it did feel like another thing piled on me of course I knew I needed to lose weight but a lot going on etc menopause is awful I will be so glad when it’s all over.

You have my full sympathy. I had an awful time of it in my menopause & couldn’t have coped without HRT. I was taken off it as soon as I had my stroke so can only imagine how awful things must be for you not being able to take it.

1 Like

Hi SharonB vent moan and groan here most of us do. When I have a melt down don’t do it by halves, but have to curb naughty words. Also of the opinion that it’s good to have a good cry. Staying positive I think gets easier so chin up playing this frustrating game of snakes and ladders

1 Like

@Loshy I did, apologies…woolly brain.

1 Like

Hi Loraine being on here more and chatting will help, I’ve probably needed counselling in the past but never wanted to do it pretty much the same now, I feel it’ll be another thing to add to the list of things wrong with me it’s also difficult to get to appointments I don’t feel confident enough to go anywhere I’ve never been before on my own, one of my sons come with me but they both work all different hours and none of us drive it’s all a faff to get places. I suspect I’ll end up at counselling at some point I was referred to mental health while in rehab, funnily enough I did feel ready to talk in there, a few of the nurses were good, I knew one from years ago and offloaded a lot to her, never heard anything from mental health. I’m really missing getting out in the garden decided I’m going to increase my exercising I know that’ll make me feel better, I’ve also got a adult colouring book, im very like my aunt personality wise she says the colouring in really helped her.
Thanks for reaching out I hope your recovery is going well

1 Like

@Sharon_B i’ve started adult colouring since my stroke & i find it very relaxing. It has helped me loads. Hope you get some enjoyment out of it x

2 Likes

Hi @ZX1 thanks for that info that seems more doable for me

1 Like

For those also struggling with menopause without hrt I’ve been reading about Flax seeds possibly helping, here’s the link to a good article Flaxseed for menopause: What does the science say? | Nature's Best

I was already eating some but have now increased them, here’s hoping it works.

2 Likes

i feel low as family are too far, e are too busy to ring, hubby in his own world of writing, just feel isolated, feel whats the point, weekends are looming, i do go to shop on friday , but cant stand for more that two hours, went to bath wednesday, went in the sally lunn resturant

Sorry you’re feeling low at the moment. Please reach out on here when you need to. There’s usually someone around to chat to. Also do speak to the Stroke Association.

You probably don’t think so but you’re doing really well. A visit to Bath is amazing & those pictures are great.

I think you’re a member of the Zoom Open Group? There’s a meeting tonight which yoy could join. I’m not able to go tonight but @Bobbi will be there & its his wifes birthday today so I’m sure it’ll be a fun meeting. I’ll try & tag you in the meeting link then if yoy have zoom on your phone or computer yoy just need to click the link to join.

Hope you’re feeling better soon & enjoy tue shop today.

xxxxx

Morning Trica3 we all have these days , is there someone you could phone who could give a gentle nudge to your family to give you a ring on regular basis ?Our kids are always busy and only now and again reply to messages. A lot Youngsters today seem to have different values. Getting into Bath was a great achievement, just taking a 15min walk to village shop/PO shifts the clouds for me some days. Still waiting for my bus pass then I hope to venture further afield. Isn’t your husband interested in sharing a crossword ? Can’t motivate myself some days to read newspaper but enjoy doing crossword ( well, struggling !) with Wife over coffee or cocoa. Not a church goer but local vicar pressed ganged me to attend village lunch club once a month, have you got one round and about you ? Keep posting. Is Wells your next trip ?

1 Like

no ,i do work in charity shop, but can only last two hours, today, its freindly in there.which is in street, was going to catch bus but hubby was coming along so walked towards car, as he was going into butchers
cant seem to work zoom, how do you do it and what time

@tricia3 i have posted the link in the zoom open group areathat you joined the other day. The meeting is at 7pm and if you find the link i’ve posted you just need to click on the blue text & it should take you to the meeting.

thanks i did download it,was in street, but hubby gave me lift home, and my freind also saw me but coudnt make me here, si i rang back, had a long chat

1 Like