About the Physical effects category

Talk about anything that is related to stroke and the physical effects it can cause, including sleep problems, mobility issues, bladder problems, etc.

1 Like

I have in a odd creeping feelings around the left area of the neck to the skull mostly when I’m in bed. Any ideas??

1 Like

Could be “Formication is also a type of paresthesia which is defined as tingling dermal sensations”

If so it’s easily found with Google…

1 Like

Thanx Simon, sounds weird - will have a look! This could be a onset of tingling after stroke is likely related to the area of the brain that was damaged ?

2 Likes

Muscle tension can get the nerves tingling that way. If you press firmly on that area does it feel sort of bruised? If it does then give it a bit a massage.

I’ve been getting it on the back left side of my neck too. Flares up mainly after a workout at the gym but also at night if I’ve laid wrong.

1 Like

Hi all been a while since I’ve posted, getting extremely frustrated , with lack o progress on recovery front, beginning to think there is more damage to my brain than I realise had stroke on or around 4th Feb formally diagnosed on the 7th Feb. Went for a walk today to local Library about a mile there and back and was exhausted when I got home.when I get very tired my left hand starts to fail, whatever I’m holding fall to the floor, if I pick it up id drops again, passes very quickly unsure if this is another Tia, or more of an electrical short in my brain due to rerouting of bllod supply, would be interested to know if anyone else has or had similar experiences bit scary at the time. Does not seem to happen after a bit of gardening of other activity, seems the th physical effort of walking wacks me out more than anything else still recovering 2 hours later
it is denting my confidence a lot.
Thanks for listening.
Wattsy

1 Like

Yeah I recognise quiet a bit of that
Cept my right hand isn’t reliable at all but it’s worse when I’m tiered

I’m 3½ years post
Ciao
Simon

1 Like