A stroke survivors first steps

We are not alone and learning to walk is nothing new to us :wink:
So take a leaf out of the their book :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Tee hee @EmeraldEyes i often compare myself to a toddler when im explaining my journey to people :grin:

The 2nd one is definitely me…mind I could have a tantrum prior to my stroke too :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We all experience that one throughout our journey back…quite frequently in the beginning :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: Just what I needed to set me up for the day. Great pics

Regards Sue

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Its pretty much where we go through with our recovery and learning to walk etc again

1 Like

Well as I seemed to compare the stages of our recovery to that of baby’s a lot on here, I just thought a few visuals might help to go along with them :laughing:

1 Like

I think its bang on,

2 Likes

I took this literally my first year out of hospital. To learn how to walk again, I would crawl around my living room, and then walk on my knees. I did this daily for about nine months. Don’t know if this helped or not, but I can walk fairly properly now. :joy:

2 Likes

Snap :laughing: though not for nearly as long as you. I put up with it for about a week and then I stood and cruised the furniture, walls and doors :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a fairly rational comparison, the major difference is an adult brain is sort of plumbed in as opposed to freestanding, some unlearning is required. I was confined to a few rooms so spent most of my time exercising, reading, researching, watching telly, and cleaning. It was lockdown anyway, by virtue of the Covid pandemic, accept my lockdown was enforced, privately and cerebrally, by stroke.

2 Likes