Zoom Open Group

@SimonInEdinburgh

An interesting idea, Simon. Looks like you have a lot going on there.

I’m down to a couple of regulars now. The number of people who come to my sessions have reduced considerably as they moved on, started work, and so on.

Reading through the forum it does look like there are a few new faces who might be interested in a meet up.

ZOG is open and independent, it has no affiliation with any group or organisation and can do what I and its members want it to do. I do request observance of MyStrokeGuide Forum rules, but nothing more.

I think I’m offering something that has been valuable to folk affected by stroke and will continue in this way as long as there is interest.

I can put up a session right now, this very minute, or create a more structured offering with regular appearances. Its largely up to whatever and whoever requires it.

I have run one to one sessions for one or two so they could get used to having a Zoom meeting with no challenges.

@KGB

Yes Zoom Open Group is still available to any who would like to use it.

Message or chat to me, Bobbi, or post your interest here.

(I’ll keep an eye on this thread and look out for any who might be interested.)

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @Bobbi

All that you say and do I fully appreciate and agree with and have done the same.

I run 121 sessions for several people. And I’m happy to do it whenever anybody asks. I’ve also made the link available that people can use themselves anytime.

To be candid I have found the stroke association more of a drain and a constraint than helpful or even pleasant (there is much that I won’t put in a public forum)

so Lea & I will be moving away from that role -although I retain other volunteer roles such as the one 2 one phone conversations in the Here For You service, and also the group I can’t remember the name of that workshops the stroke associations approach to partnerships with other organisations.

There is a little uncertainty about whether the lottery funded zoom account I use is one they will now restrict but the bitly links are mine so I can easily remap them.

Should it be necessary I’ll simply buy a zoom subscription and I will offer it’s used to you without obligation in any respect so if you want to run entirely independents of groups all that would happen is your 40 minute limit would be removed. You would be free to do everything else unchanged but I wonder whether our cooperation might prove beneficial to those we effectively offer service to?

I think if we teamed up We would meet stroke group network preferences to not be a ‘one man band’ and there might arguably be a few benefits then; You and I are both 80% of the way into the SGN with none of the benefits at the moment

No rush, no intention to compromise any element of your current freedoms, happy with any form of collaboration or just the current parallel coexistence - I can see the appeal in that too

:slight_smile:

Ciao

Simon

3 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh
@Bobbi

Keep me posted please! I will try and join on Thrusday!!

Thanks

K

3 Likes

Zoom Open Group

is still available to any who would like to use it.

Message or chat to me, Bobbi, or post your interest here.

(I’ll keep an eye on this thread and look out for any who might be interested.)

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

I have spent 20 minutes trying to find you, but no luck. I am so disappointed!

1 Like

We’re just doing a follow on, try and connect again.

@DeAnn I’m glad you managed to join the session eventually. You had been missed.

@EssexPhil Thanks for helping to sort things out. That made a big difference.

:smile: :+1:

Zoom Open Group

is still available to any who would like to use it.

Message or chat to me, Bobbi, or post your interest here on this thread.

At the moments sessions start at 7.00 pm Fridays.