Where do people live what are

Hi Pat , replying to someone else. But good to hear from you . Seen some of your previous posts. Would agree, stroke can feel terribly isolating. Also feel sad, feel like lost some close friends. Covid not helped. This heat not good for me. Good talking David.

I live in nelson Lancashire there are not support group near me so itā€™s hard getting to a group but websites like this help with kind regards des

Hi Des, Tricia 3, David 3 and DDMH

I live in Lincoln and Iā€™m 73 now (69 when I had the stroke). I think it took about a month Tricia before I received the initial call and then 2 weeks after that before the first call with Sue. Itā€™s the best thing I did going to the doctor and explaining how I was feeling. Sue, my counsellor lives in Lancaster and as I am a proud Lancastrian , we hit it off straight away. My husband was like me initially and didnā€™t want to believe what had happened. He has always been there for me but I couldnā€™t talk to him and tell him how I was feeling. He was and is too close. I didnā€™t want to burden him with it although he does receive the same emails from the SA as I do. I wanted him to read what other people were having to cope with. However since talking with Sue I find it easier to talk to him so he is supporting me more.
We just have to take each day as it comes and deal with whatever we are dealt with, be it fatigue or some physical problem. A lot of people on here are doing that. I hope their positivity helps others but we all have our down days and thatā€™s ok too. Xx

1 Like

Sorry replying to Des too! Not familiar with this posting yet :crazy_face:

thanks all for talking

Thanks for this Loraine. I appreciate your help x Rose

1 Like

Glad that are making good progress it does get easier as time goes on and talking does help with kind regards des

I live in North Cornwall , Out in the sticks really . My nearest group is Lisgard :roll_eyes: Its is a shame that there isnā€™t an email address as my speech isnā€™t brilliant. The receptionist would certainly have patients . :sweat_smile:
But I must admit I am finding this site quite helpful. :star_struck:

Iā€™m also out in the sticks (Highlands and Islands) and donā€™t know of any local groups but this site is brilliant

1 Like

i live in somerset,tips of my fingers on right hand are slightly numb, will this get better

1 Like